Description: A better version of Kcast (kitco.com) with more accurate gold silver prices. Need to display live prices in user definable USD, EUR, GBP for gold, silver, bitcoin and litecoin in the same window in as close to realtime as possible. The maximum budget for this is $499.
WINNING FREELANCER NEEDS TO SUBMIT PROPOSAL, DEMO AND/OR MOCKUP THAT SHOWS THEY FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT IS REQUIRED AND HOW THEY WILL ACHIEVE IT BEFORE PROJECT IS AWARDED.
Improve on the basic design functionality of Kcast from Kitco.com. Graphic1 is a quick mockup of example sites that I like. The final product must scale and look and function great on tablets phones and computers. The most important function to improve is accuracy and lag time of gold and silver prices. The prices on Kcast are delayed, inaccurate and can differ from kitco.com charts on their site. Need to get as close as possible to COMEX without paying for feeds. Monex.com gets their prices from COMEX and could be one source for feeds since they share them. http://www.monex.com/resources. Prices need to be displayed in user definable USD, EUR, GBP. You will need to decide where feeds come from, I give monex.com as a starting point. I will also give input as needed.
This project could be broken up into 4 milestones as an example:
1. 25% payment release. Get accurate prices for gold/silver/BTC/LTC in the same window
2. 25% payment release. Get text alerts to work
3. 25% payment release. Get section 4 of Graphic 1 display to work
4. 25% payment release. Debug and final changes
It is acceptable to give input or recommendations for final delivery format EG: responsive cross-platform site vs web app vs separate IOS/android app. Freelancers should at a minimum be somewhat familiar of gold/silver and btc markets and download and use the Kcast app. It would also be helpful for Freelancers to set some alerts on goldspotalert.com and watch the spot prices for a while and notice the differences between monex.com, Kcast app, goldmart.com and others.
The second area to improve is commodities displayed. Several sources will be needed to include gold, silver, platinum, Bitcoin(BTC), Litecoin(LTC), Oil, SP500 and volatility(VIX) in the same Window (Section 2). Would be nice to have option of adding a few other commodities/currencies in the future, but not mandatory now. Pricing would be displayed in user definable USD/EUR/GBP\ as in the Kcast app. A creative solution that delivers the requested results along with usability, accuracy and stability will ultimately win this contest. Contact me with any questions. I will give more input or examples as needed. The winning solution will need to be functional and not just a concept or design.
Example sites and resources http://politicalmetals.com http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$gold&p=D&b=1&g=0&id=0 http://www.kitconet.com/indexes.html http://www.monex.com/resources http://www.goldspotalert.com http://www.highcharts.com/stock/demo/compare
The 4 sections of Graphic1 example mockup
1. the function of setting phone/txt alerts for displayed communities prices as in www.goldspotalert.com. I like the way this site functions EXCEPT the terms of service needs to be moved further from the submit button as I frequently hit it by mistake when submitting. Also need to add BTC and LTC in addition to gold and silver.
2. Main price area. This is pretty good as it is in the Kcast app, just need to add BTC, LTC and VIX
3. Graphic chart. This part of the example was pulled from http://www.highcharts.com/stock/demo/compare. Add email and/or text alerts like http://www.goldspotalert.com
4. Bonus Feature: Some kind of realtime/3D/moving chart. This part is from http://www.bitcoinmonitor.com. A bonus feature would be some kind of user controlled time view by dragging something. See graphic2 and 3. Another bonus feature would be size of the ball could reflect price or trading volume.
Additional Project Description:
04/28/2013 at 7:51 IST