I am no website designer, but i know a great website when i see one, I am looking to build an e-commerce website to represent and be the online shop window for a retail based cycle store in the uk, the site will need to be fresh dynamic contemporary and will need to host rich text images without compromising it being google aware, predictive text in the search area and generally easy to navigate, the business will have a links to facebook and twitter and u tube so the business can broadcast itself on all available social media - new customers visiting this e-store will want to find
their way to what their looking for in as few mouse clicks as possible, as is the norm with all the best online retailers
amazon the store will offer me the ability to auto list any products in my e-bay store.
1. visually impressive
2. functional - easy to navigate
3. the ability to host rich imagery
4. auto list feature to quickly list any item on the site to a linked e-bay store
5. needs to set up in such a way to get noticed by google and therefore be visible in search engines ( search engine friendly)
6. will take payments thru worldpay on all the major platforms, visa, mastercard, etc pay-pal also.
Example of a good website:
a dj based website designed by www.visualsoft.co.uk - very polished and effective with all the required elements
www.chainreactioncycles.com - a top online uk based cycle retailer - this website is designed by IRP