My website is www.crazypartsfinder.com and it is a Malaysian based company that import automobile goods via the auction site, Yahoo Japan to Malaysia. Currently my website needs a remake to include the following by an experienced web developer / programmer:
- A sign in process using Facebook or email address of which confirmation will be sent and the user will need to click and verify from their registered email.
- Include a forgotten password link for those who signed up with email.
- There will also be a user profile page where they need to fill in a name, shipping address, contact mobile, email.
- Also include a page call "Garage" where the user can post a few pictures of their cars and list the make, model and modifications done to it. We must be able to mine all those information and send them relevant links and/or promotions.
- User also have a bank to store their monetary balance within their profile.
- Integration with a payment gateway of our choice. You'll be instructed to liaise with them.
- Users will need to sign in to bid and access their profile page but otherwise can browse the whole site.
- Prefer https or similar after sign in to secure customer data and information.
- We have multiple yahoo auction ID which we use and rotate and changing them around or over must be done with ease.
- We must also be able to edit the exchange rate from Japanese Yen -> Malaysian Ringgit with ease. The change will then be reflected through out the whole website
- If the bid was unsuccessful, there needs to be a notification on the webpage immediately AND requires an email be sent to the user's registered email address.
- Must be able to use or export all our member's email address for mail outs
- Must be able to use or export all our member's mobile numbers for SMS blast
- Use http://www.importmonster.com.au as reference for the bidding component
- Use http://www.nengun.com/ as reference for the member profile and garage component
- Prefer newer technologies for upgrade and scalable purposes.
- Please also see attached word document for more details.
- Will only shortlist Freelancer who have done an auction site similar to www.importmonster.com.au, with shopping cart, auction site and with a credit balance or bank balance associated in their account.
I would prefer the website to be as user friendly as possible with everything as intuitive as much.
At the minimum, please be ready to prepare a prototype that showcases the bidding processes with Yahoo Auction Japan or a detailed proposal. No API will be provided by me as I do not have it. Will not consider otherwise should either one of the two criteria above not met.
The reason for those criteria is because I have awarded projects exactly like this but they were unable to be completed for whatever reason. I have wasted time and money. My only goal is to do it once, do it right.
I'm happy to answer any questions. Can't wait to work with you ;)
Repost and updated !!!!
Additional Project Description:
12/07/2012 at 18:59 IST
Must have the option to add advertisement banners and normal users will be able to edit with ease.
12/08/2012 at 20:02 IST
Just to further clarify on the following:-
- The signup and verification process with the forgotten password process is only for users who signup on our site using their own email. Should they use facebook to login, then they'll need to have an existing facebook account. Facebook signup and lost password feature isn't necessary.
- In the garage page, the users will list the make and models of their cars which includes uploading the pictures of their cars. We must be able to utilize this information from a drop down menu that they selected and email these users, listings from yahoo auction japan in a few clicks by us. Or be able to automate this process to weekly or fortnightly. We should also be able to automatically send them related items that they have bid on before based on categories or car models. Automate this part but have the option of doing it manually as well.
- The users will be able to store money in our site. Yes. Real money. The payment gateway provider will be provided by us and you will have to liaise with them for this. In order to bid, users must login and deposit money via our site using our payment gateway. (refer to www.importmonster.com.au) The process will be like the following
1) User sees an item he wants. Current bid price is 20,000 yen (will also show Ringgit equilavent)
2) Signs in and places bid of 30,000 yen
3) System checks that user's account in www.crazypartsfinder.com have at least 30,000 yen equivalent in Ringgit (set by the exchange rate we determined)
4) If there is sufficient funds, bid will be confirmed. If there is insufficient funds, user will be directed to a page stating they have insufficient funds and be given the option to "top up".
5) User directed to our payment gateway to top up funds from the account of their choice.
6) Once funds are topped up in Ringgit, user can then place desired bid at 30,000 yen
7) Bid is then confirmed.
8) Item is then won at 25,000 yen. 25,000 yen equivalent in Ringgit is deducted from the user's account immediately.
9) Users account have 5,000 yen equivalent left in Ringgit. Can utilize these funds to pay for shipping via the shipping calculator. (please see attached proposal) Deduction to be conducted by the site admin and have the option of sending the user an invoice for the shipping costs detailing how much is being deducted from the balance of their crazypartsfinder account. The invoice will also state should there be a need to top up for shipping if the balance is insufficient. All invoices for shipping will have to be done by the site admin as he/she needs to check that the user has selected the right type of item to be transported. (see attached) Different items have different postage costs.
10) Should there be any more funds left, user will have the option of leaving it in there or withdrawing it to their designated bank account. Maximum withdrawal per transaction is RM5000 with an admin fee of RM5 per transaction refund.
(All yen amount stated above must be calculated in Ringgit equivalent.)
Please let me know should there be anything else that require clarification.
12/08/2012 at 20:09 IST
Freelancer must also be able to structure and reference all codes for the ease of picking up this project in the future by any other skilled persons.
Referencing is important.
12/10/2012 at 11:11 IST
I will be providing my own SSL certificates and payment gateway.
12/10/2012 at 17:27 IST
This isn't a project to build or modify an auction site. This site is the "middleman" to the real auction site call Yahoo Auction Japan.
12/13/2012 at 12:00 IST
For our payment gateway, we will use Paypal and direct bank transfer to our accounts in Public Bank and Maybank in Malaysia.
The user will be given an option to select which payment method. If the user select direct bank transfer, they will need to log into their internet banking of their own respective bank to transfer the right amount to us in MYR. We will not do any linking to any bank's website for security purposes. They will login themselves. We will only reveal our bank account number to which bank at this stage. Please give the admin option to edit the bank and bank account numbers as required. They will then be given an option to upload a jpeg, pdf, png file of their confirmation slip. We will need to limit the file size to 150kb or something. Not too large or our DB will be too big.
As for paypal, we are charged 3.4% + MYR2 per transaction. This cost will be passed onto the customer. This information is to appear when customer selects this payment option. Please also include this charge into customer's total when selecting paypal and finalizing the payment.
I.e. Customers wishes to deposit MYR1000, the total he should pay should read MYR1036 (1000 x 3.4% + 2).
We would then only receive MYR1000.
We will not be going ahead with ipay88 or MOL.
12/13/2012 at 16:25 IST
The site Admin page should at least have the following and be done with ease :-
- Add and remove advertisement banners
- Edit any information on the website
- Edit the Japanese Yen to Malaysian Ringgit exchange rate and that change will reflect throughout the whole site (check www.importmonster.com for reference)
- Be able to see all orders, confirmed & pending and see payment confirmation from Paypal or via the payment gateway or via a direct bank deposit.
- Be able to send invoice to ask for further payment or confirmed payment using available funds.
Just to name a few
12/13/2012 at 16:59 IST
As for payment gateway, we will be using Paypal for Credit Cards. We have decided to forgo all forms of local payment gateway due to the ridiculous charges imposed. What we will be doing is as follows:
Paypal for all Credit Card payments. Charges of 3.4% + MYR 2.00 to be passed on to customer. Please program this so that the final amount already includes these charges and all the client needs to do is key it in and confirm payment. We will only receive the final amount without the 3.4% + MYR 2.00.
We will have a separate button for the customer to press so that they can pay via bank transfer. This page will then reveal our bank account numbers in Maybank and Public Bank in Malaysia. There will also be an option for them to upload a small pic or pdf file to prove confirmation of payment. Any checks or bank transfers other than Maybank & Public Bank will take 3 working days. Otherwise it will take 3 working hours to process. Uploading of the confirmation of payment will remind the site admin to come back and check. Have some form of email alert. Hopefully the email address sending to can be changed with ease by anyone.