You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
OSCommerce MYSQL Data Import Routine
We need a programmer to build the following import routine.
Data import and manipulation routine form excel or csv, tld file for use with MySQL Oscommerce database for output to OSCommerce web. There are around 28,000 line items contained in the data file
The application is primarily to automate Products data population of the web site. As there is a large amount of Product and Pricing changes daily we simply don’t have time to manually deal with data. Ultimately we want to be able to upload a csv/excel/tld file provided to us by our wholesaler, manipulate the data, and insert the data into our online OSCommerce database. The data file will be uploaded every day. This could also be automated if possible
The application is to have PHP administration console or alternatively it could be a desktop application - if that is more suitable.
1. Group the associated Product data into the relevant category and sub category structure
2. Provide a user interface so as the user can select which categories to include for use
3. Provide a user interface so as the user can apply pricing rules to each category and or sub category
4. Add a pre-determined image file name for all products (eg 1pix.gif)
5. Add a pre-determined tax code to each Product item (eg GST)
6. Save the rules so as they can be applied to all subsequent imports
7. Update existing database with revised and or new Products/Categories etc
Pricing rules example (XX is the user input)
Select a category or sub category
Define a price rule and call it (xx)
Price Rule XX
Buy price is in the range from xx $ to xx<$ then add xx% to cost ex
Buy price is above xx$ then add xx% to cost ex
Or Use RRP
Ensure all products have a profit no less than xx$
Ensure prices do not exceed RRP. – (use RRP if exceeded)
Once these price rules are initially set the application will calculate prices according to the rules on all subsequent imports
Additionally we will require the programmer to alter the Category Listings Page to a line style listing as we are using a non standard template design.
We would also like to be able to link images for selected products using the standard admin OSCommerce console.
We hope we have provided enough information. I am happy to supply the original datafile and listen suggestions on an alternative system.
Programmer should be experienced with OSCommerce MYSQL PHP data base tables and should be able to provide a savvy solution. Payment on completion of project .
Additional Project Description:
05/19/2006 at 14:03 NZST
Further Information of application attached.