You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
This website is an online resource made for the people to use as a means of sharing and consuming information relevant to funerals, deaths and the life stories of the deceased.
This website uses the modern functionality of the internet to interact with site visitors affording them the opportunity to send their respects to past loved ones and friends in our communities through this public digital forum.
It’s important to note that in order for visitors in interact with this site (post comments, write a poem etc) they must become a member.
There are three different types of people that will use this website:
· Site Administrators
· Funeral Homes
· End User
Front Page – On the front page people will see:
· The latest obituaries posted on the website
· The most recent condolences, pictures, comments, poems, candles, and youtube videos shared
· Obituaries postings of teachers, lawyers, nurse, doctors, politicians, bankers and other professions and also children, teens and young adults and cancer victims
· Latest post from various churches
· Anniversaries of deaths (both current and upcoming) visitors can also subscribe to these updates to automatically be posted on their facebook wall and via email.
· A search bar will be on the frontpage enabling search queries with name, advance search option will be available
· Burial ground map will be on the front page. Helping people find out where a given deceased was buried. (or this can be a page in and of itself and can be accessed from a tab on the front page)
o Burial ground search
o Burial ground browses
o Burial ground map
· Sign-up as a member using your social media account (facebook, twitter) Membership is free and necessary in order to comment, post poems, share a candle etc.
· Invite people to leave condolences, write poems etc for a given obituary. Invitations can be done via email (a form for visitors to put their friends name and email address will be available) or social media (facebook, twitter)
· Be able to use your social media account to post a comment, or share content on this website
· Users will be able to connect social media account with account on this website so that their activities on the website can be seen on their social media network (e.g. when user writes a poem, it updates his/her facebook saying “X user just posted a poem on mywebsite.com)
Frontend for Users:
Users when on the website will be able to:
· Browse and search funeral announcements
· Browse and search death notices
· Post fair well respects, condolences, write a poem
· Share content such as pictures, audio files, and youtube videos
· Interact digitally by lighting a digital candle, or planting a digital flower
· Sign guest book on memorial pages created by Churches