You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We are looking to have a language teaching website designed and coded with the following features:
• It needs to be FREE for teachers and students to sign up to the website. If possible we would like to allow people to sign up with their Facebook login and have some sort of Facebook integration.
• Students should be able to search for teachers by language taught, price per lesson/course, rating, no. of lessons taught, qualifications, etc.
• Students should have the ability to rate teachers. This can then be used to rank the teachers.
• Teachers need to have public profiles with the option to upload a certain number of photos and possibly videos of their teaching, as well as some introductory text. The profiles must be verified by an admin before going live.
• Both teachers and students need to have a member space. This should have details of completed and upcoming lessons, and the ability to log in to lessons.
• Students will need to pay when signing up to lessons through either credit card or PayPal. When students pay for lessons the money goes straight into the teacher’s account less the flat rate commission of say 10% of their hourly rate, which will be kept by the site.
• Teachers are free to set their own rates, and will also need the ability to offer free introductory lessons if they wish.
We would like the design of the site to be as uncluttered and user friendly as possible. The ability to translate the text on the pages would also be of great benefit, although by no means a necessity at this stage.
The lessons between teacher and student will be done through a 2 way voice and video chat, for which the following features are required:
• Teachers, students and a moderators all need to be able to login in and talk during lessons, although the moderator doesn’t need video.
• As well as the video there needs to be a virtual interactive whiteboard (see picture for a simplified design). It needs to be possible to write on the whiteboard and for the teacher to upload word or PowerPoint documents to it.
• The teacher must remain in charge of the whiteboard and be able to control when the student can or can’t write on it.
• There needs to be a countdown timer for each lesson so that if, for example, the teacher has problems with their internet connection and the student doesn’t get the full lesson, the student should only have to pay for the amount of time they were taught for.
• In order to ensure the safety of the students we would also like them to have a “panic button”. Should the pupil press the button the lesson will automatically end and a screen grab of the lesson along with details of the teacher will be logged.
This is not necessarily a complete list of the features required and there is scope for changes and/or compromises to be made. We would like to work closely with the person creating the site and have regular updates so that you are sure of what we want at all times. The sooner the site is completed the better, however we are prepared to wait as long as it takes (within reason) to ensure that it is perfect.