The mobile-optimised website is available at https://abraresto.com/?mobile=true (or just view on your mobile device). It consists of 9 main screens:
Search Results. Most Popular Places also uses this template.
Individual Restaurant screen (includes Write a Review slide out)
Individual User Profile screen
Left and Right slide out menus (Settings and Account Signup)
Please note that this mobile site is supported in 2 languages (English and Indonesian), and the new HTML5/Webworks app will need to support both also.
These 9 screens will have to be ported with Webworks, with the design staying nearly the same. The only 4 changes required to this current version will be:
- The addition of BBM integration in several screens (i.e. share this restaurant on BBM).
- The addition of upload photos for writing reviews in the Write a Review slide out on the Individual Restaurant screen. This includes both taking a new photo and selecting from user's photo gallery.
- The creation of a new page which will show user uploaded photos from item 2 above. This will be a simple photo grid layout (e.g. Instagram) with endless scrolling.
- Changing the GPS functionality (on screens like Near Me) from using Google Maps to locate the user's location to using the native BB GPS.
The layouts to include these 4 changes will be provided.
The native device functionality which will be required to be integrated will be:
- GPS (to determine user location for screens like Near Me)
- Camera and Photo Gallery (for photo upload)
This HTML5 / Webworks app will require database integration to retrieve data from our servers. This will be provided in the form of a JSON API, with details to be provided. Data retrieval is expected to be:
- upon app load, a background process is triggered to retrieve / update restaurant data from our servers. This means that subsequent screens should be faster as you will retrieve most of the data from the local device storage instead of from our servers. Please build the application with any device storage limits in mind (ie fallback to retrieve from server if necessary).
- images will be retrieved from our servers and cached on the device.