You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
A coder is required to improve a maths assessment website or rebuild it.
Schools register to the website and are provided with a username and password at the time of registration. The person who registers can upload a class list of students using an excel spreadsheet. A username and password is generated for each student and the teacher can set a test from a list of tests created from the admin section by the owner of the website.
The current functionalities from admin includes:
1. Different branches when setting a test. Example, Keystage/papercode/non-calculator/calculator etc.
2. Time duration for the test
3. Mark for the question entered at the time the test is being created
4. Type of question (multiple choice or input answer) More options are needed such as selecting the correct answer/explanation from a flyout, descriptive answers, drag and drop etc.
5. Level/grade is given at the end of the test to the student taking the test
6. A spreadsheet is generated for download at the end of the test. The spreadsheet gives an analysis of each student performance question by question, the percentage of learners correct, etc.
Other functionalities are available for viewing in the admin section of the website for the chosen bidder.
The coder will be required to reduce the limitations of setting questions from the admin section of the website by ensuring all mathematical symbols are available to use when required for example, writing a question for a test. You are required to use an appropriate programming language so that questions can be created with the option of adding the answer box/checkboxes/flyout/dropdown menus/ etc. Questions must be created ‘freeform’ or using templates for different types of questions with the option of adding flash questions in the future.
It is important that questions are shown one per page with no horizontal or vertical scrolling and the option to click next to display the other questions.
The answer types for the questions vary from textbox/drag and drop/drawing lines and shapes/point and click to colour squares on a grid, etc.
There is already an option to enter the mark for each question so that the total marks achieved can be calculated and a level/grade/percentage mark given to the person taking the test. In addition, a spreadsheet generated with the mark for each question, total mark for the question, and percentage of students correct for each student who take the test. These options must remain available with the other functionalities of the website you are going to redesign.
The design and layout of the website needs improvement so that it looks more professional. The website is www.assessmeonline.com for examples on different types of layout for questions can be seen on mymaths. See www.mymaths.co.uk and look at their sample lessons for examples. I can send a power point presentation on different types of questions if required.