We are looking to partner with an experienced developer or development company, in order to complete an unfinished project for a website that will allow users to attempt Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) tests/quizzes.
The current website has been created using the latest version of WordPress with a 3rd party Plugin mTouch Quiz. WordPress must continue to be used for the website framework and consideration must be taken to best ensure future compatibility with subsequent versions.
mTouch Quiz offers a great starting point for much of our core functionally requirements, but we need it to be developed further to offer features it lacks. We'd like to ensure the existing Plugin remains unmodified so we will be able to receive the current developers' compatibility updates. Add-ons are already available for feature expansion such as 'Gravity Forms' and 'Timer'. We'd like our additional requirements to be implemented in the same manner.
We have a front end template design that we are happy with. We will present a demo of our progress so far with short-listed developers.
A brief outline of functionally in the early stages of development:
- Take a quiz.
- View the results.
- Submit results to leaderboard and create a WordPress account for the user when they submit a score.
- Adds the users score to a leaderboard.
- The top 3 users get links to their Twitter account as an incentive to be the best.
- Multiple quizzes with unlimited questions.
- A non-obligatory option to create a WordPress user account after a test has been taken so the visitor’s score can be submitted/saved. The user account will allow a returning visitor to attempt further quizzes and subsequent scores will be associated with their account. Registration should include the option sign-up via modern social media plug-ins such the one offered by Facebook and Twitter or Gmail credentials too.
- A members area so users can log-in to view all their past scores.
- User account Contact Info must be expanded to store optional Twitter account.
- A leaderboard per quiz.
- Overall leaderboard for total score across all quizzes.
- Suitable error handling to ensure users can't submit scores to a username that's already in use.
- Allow users to easily share their results via Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.
- Automatically tweet and e-mail the user at the top of the leaderboard when their score is beaten. The Gravity Forms Add-on facilitates certain email features, which may aid development.
- Daily quiz question automatically posted via our Twitter account. Automatic congratulations message for the first correct answer on the website and via Twitter.
- Feedback form allowing a user to suggest a question and/or subject matter for future quizzes.
- We must have the overall administrative control over all user accounts, i.e. to delete user accounts or amend passwords etc.
The website must be backwards compatible with the following internet browsers:
- Internet Explorer 6+
- Firefox 3.6+
- Google Chrome 8+
- Opera 10+
- Safari 4+
- Konqueror 4+
The site and its functionality should be mobile device compatible.
Use a modern markup language such as HTML 5 or XHTML 1.0 with CSS 2.
PHP 5 must be used as the primary server side scripting language. The website will be run on a Linux based Apache 2 server.
The completed project must be presented in a turnkey condition. We are only interested in bids from highly rated developers.