You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We want orders from the site to populate illustrator.
Illustrator has an API that “technically” can read data (i.e. label color, font, icon) and could create our labels for us from a text file.
I was reading about this possibility here http://www.vectorials.com/tutorials/Adobe-Illustrator-and-Data-Driven-Graphics-09196.html
When someone orders, we get the details via email and print it out.
Then we have to CREATE the labels with illustrator.
We have to change the background color, add the icon the customer chose, change the font etc…
We want illustrator to DO THIS FOR US. Click a button, and have illustrator create the labels based on what the customer ordered.
Product Builder Utility
• The existing designer’s form will be reused along with as much of the existing code (where
• Order Numbers and Customer Information section won’t change
• Additional functionality will be added to form described below.
• Code to drive Illustrator automation will be VBA / MS Access.
• Prototyping of Illustrator automation used CS4. Final templates will be CS4 based.
• All files will be of the same type (CS4) ai files.
Template Management Capabilities
Utility will perform rudimentary template management capabilities to help minimize the user
intervention when new templates are introduced as well as doing the initial mapping. Based
on design, there may be no need to modify existing templates to work with the product builder.
Template groups *should* give us the ability to describe the document structure enough to
automate correctly the movement of text from the builder application to the template.
Groups of like templates will form a template group.
Groups directly map to template directories of the same name.
Utility will maintain list of groups which describe the line mappings of each
Options which don’t impact the template will be accounted for as well. For
example, options which give the design group more information will be part of
the mapping definition so that these lines are not mapped accidentally.
Template Group Information
• Name of Group (Directory)
Number of lines in template
Mapping information from order to lines in template.
Templates will be part of template groups.
Templates which don’t belong to template groups can be mapped ‘on the
fly’ using the template mapping form below.
A form will be provided to add / modify template groups.
Template mapping can be performed when:
1. A new group is discovered
2. Company wants to change a group definition.
• When the PBU cannot find a given file (based on SKU), it will throw an error and
ask that the template be installed.
• When a template is found, it will use the directory the template is under to
match the group template definition.
• When a template is found, but an existing group does not exist, PBU will give
the user the ability to create a new group definition.
Initial group discovery / Definition
• PBU will have the ability to discover template groups and when template groups
are found for the first time, the ability for the user to define the template groups
Template Structure Validation
• PBU will validate the # of text boxes based on the group definition and if the # of
text boxes is incorrect it will alert the user.
• PBU will give the option to bring in a new template, decide what group it will
belong to or create a new group to put it into.
• PBU will then enable the publishing of this template to its respective template/
• When mapping is completed you can have the option to preview the template in
one of two ways.
o Preview the template with the mappings
o Preview the template with the data from the order option data