NOTES FOR WEBSITE ROY UIJTENHAAK
I like to have a very simple black and white and clean website, Wordpress is fine but I am open for suggestions to use another CMS. As you can see in the screenshots the typography is heavy and bold. Please advise which web friendly fonts to use.
It is a personal website to present myself and it must clearly exist out of 2 different parts: my personal information and a blog.
1. My personal information:
this part is all about me, who am I, what do I do etc.
See screenshot: “Roy-website”
• In the left menu I can create hyperlinks to the different pages. I want to them grouped, leaving a blank line between the different hyperlinks which belong to each other.
• To the right of the menu there is a lot of space which I can use to place a large image
See screenshot: “Roy- website ---page”
• If you select a hyperlink from the menu you will obviously bring up the page about that particular item.
• The image should make space for the page so it can be put to the right. Or I can obviously put other images in on the right of the page.
Here are my articles which I think are interesting. You will be taken to the blog homepage when you click on BLOG in the part with my personal information. From screenshot: “Roy-website”
• The style is as in my personal information, but it must be clearly visible you are in a separated part of the website. The content in the menu on the right has now changed to the blog categories
• Below the blog categories I like to have tags. In the screenshot you see the example, E-mail marketing, SEO, SEA etc. In example, if I write a blog in the category E-commerce and I tag it with SEO. The articles tagged with SEO must show up when you click the SEO tag.
• In the middle below the large BLOG text (MANAGEMENT MARKETING & E-COMMERCE BLOG) I like to be able to put in a few lines explaining the blog including a picture.
• Below that you have “Recente artikelen”(Recent articles) and “Populaire artikelen” (populaire artikelen). It speaks for itself. The popular articles: I like to be able to decide which article previews to put there.
BLOG ARTICLE PAGE
See screenshot “Roy-blog-article”
• Not so exciting, the article shows up and on the bottom the information block about the author including picture.
See screenshot: “Roy blog archive”
• Almost the same as the homepage, but it shows you the articles based on your selection, i.e. category / tag / all articles.
• In the screenshot the preview are small, leaving white space on the right. They may be larger so the space on the right is also used and it looks better.
Preferably I like to have it responsive for a simple view on mobile. This can be very simple ,black on white showing bold the title and the pages / catagories.
This is not carved in stone. If there are suggestions to make it better or easier I am open to that.
Additional Project Description:
02/14/2013 at 21:43 BDT
Small correction in text:
The content in the menu on the RIGHT has now changed to the blog categories
Must obviously be:
The content in the menu on the LEFT has now changed to the blog categories