You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I'm looking for someone with solid, proven skillset in php AND graphic design for a simple one-off project.
You will need to code functions to manipulate text from single strings to HTML anchors strings, tie in these functions to existing static mock-up and 'pimp up' the mock-up with graphics. Please go over the instructions carefully, I have tried hard to explain things into detail.
Static mock-up is here:
Have a look at the mock-up, i use it to describe the functionality in the following paragraph.
1)Functionality (php coding)
- 'linkify' button populates 'output' box with html anchor tags constructed based on 'input' box and selected options (between boxes). Each line in 'input' box creates one anchor. Whitespaces are substituted to dash signs (-). There's a limit of input lines set to 1000 lines in one request. The rewrite to 'nearest equivalent' is done by something working for most languages/accents, such as $text = iconv('UTF-8', 'US-ASCII//TRANSLIT', $text); User can select to append a break, list item html tags or arbitrary characters (max 50) behind the anchor tag.
- 'linkified so far' (right column) shows the total cumulative number of urls created so far
- 'last urls created' shows last 10 urls created coming from last 10 requests. 1 url per request. So it selects one url from each of last 10 runs of the script. Implement some simple logic to choose a short anchor text or shorten a long one, so it does not break the right column width.
These two functions (linkified so far, last urls created) rely on flat txt files, no db backend. A separate txt file serves as a log of all processed (created) urls. This log is not used for frontend at all.
2)CSS/HTML clean up
The current mock-up is based on
with my not-so-correct hacks. Please revise the html, css styling to make it standard compliant, browser independent and good looking :)
3)Adding extra graphics
- unite look and feel of the application and comment plugin (disqus)
- add background graphics / styling such as
http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-25427626/stock-vector-digital-background.html (rotated 90degrees) or
http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-45769984/stock-vector-abstract-design-with-space-for-your-text-vector-in-the-gallery-also-available-xxl-jpeg-version.html (rotated 90degrees) or
Point #3 requires graphical experience and will probably require few revisions before we get it right. This can greatly vary depending on your own initiative. I encourage you to experiment with the graphics to make it look 'slick'. If you have access to similar graphics, use them, if not, i'll get the one we choose at shutterstock. Photoshop experience is essential.
I've tried to be over exhaustive to make it easy for your development. No other functionality will be required, this is no big application, but one purpose tool.
Thanks for attention, happy bidding!