I need a social networking platform created very similar to Ning.com Spruz.com whereas users can create their own social network as a subdomain of my domain. The site must have the following features:
- Each user can log into their own social network as an administrator and fully customize the look and feel of their network using built-in customization tools (similar to how Myspace.com allows users to change their background image, color schemes, module positions, etc). They should also be able to edit some of the code of their network to further personalize it as they see fit.
- Each social network should have it's own member sign up and separate paid member area.
- User should be able to set the price of their membership for their network and decide which content is restricted to paid members only.
- Each network needs its own online store (users need to be able to upload products/services to their store from their admin area)
- Members should be able to create their own profile, upload photos, create comments, and message other members
- User must be able to upload photos and videos to their network
- Each network should be able to have it's own blog
- Members of one network should be able to browse other networks on the platform and be able to subscribe to additional networks if they choose to.
- Coding must be clean and easily understandable to future developers of the site.
- Users should be able to place banners/ads on their network
- Clean and user-friendly Web 2.0 design similar to the look of Ning.com and Spruz.com
- User should be able to turn on/off menu items for their network such as blog, online store, photo section, etc.
It's not my intention to have this built entirely from scratch! I'm hoping to use existing open source software (JomSocial, Dolphin 7 for example) and plugins and basically customize them to meet the needs of this site. I'm thinking this may be easier to create this as a Joomla site and use something like JomSocial as the core (if possible)? I'm open to other ideas you may have to keep this project as simple as possible.
I will need to see examples of similar work that you've done along with a description of how you would accomplish this project.
Please let me know if you have any questions or need clarification on anything before placing your bid.