You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
This is a small project involving the following tasks:
- Upgrading from Phpbulettin from 3.0.8 to 3.0.10 without deleting any of the posts/ users/ other data
- Setting out basic user permissions
- Permanently deleting links from users' signatures and from their personal profiles.
- Enabling email notifications when new comments/threads/etc have been posted
I am running a forum and have struggled with enabling permissions to the extent that whatever changes I made in the ACP, they didn't take any effect in practice. The phpbb support team made me aware that I have installed the board using a 'one click method' through my host which is not recommended.
They advised me to upgrade my forum from phpbb 3.0.8 to 3.0.10 using the official instructions. This is what they have recommended:
*NOTE: Before proceeding backup all files and the database.*
Upload all new files from a download of the full version 3.0.10, EXCEPT for config.php, the /images and /files folders.
Go to yoursite.com/forumfolder/install/database_update.php
Let that run and then delete the install folder.
You now have a new up to date board containing all your users and posts but without any MODs that you might have had installed.
1. So the main task of the project is to perform the update to 3.0.10 using the instructions above.
2. Setting out basic user permissions as follows:
- guests: can post and view topics/threads but their posts need to be approved by a Moderator
- newly registered users (same as registered users)
- Registered users: can post and view topics/threads but their posts need to be approved by a Moderator
- Do not require moderator approval when registering
- Limit to 5 posts per day
3. Permanently deleting links from users' signatures and from their personal profiles. Enabling NO- FOLLOW to all links in the posts
4. Enabling email notifications to a custom email address when new comments/threads/etc have been posted
5. Offering tutorial & guidance to employee regarding the tasks above
This is a short & easy project for someone familiar with phpbb. I am looking forward to hearing from you