The primary function required at this time is a registration engine for users of the Slice Machine on www.slicecrafts.com. The functionality of the web service and environment is as follows:
Back end database – mysql
Webserver environment – Apache 2.0
Development language preference – None specified. Current source code base from prior registration engines is PHP.
1. A basic web submission form which will accept CSS style elements and images for best presentation form.
2. Database with tables supporting the following data capture from the form
1. Full customer registration information to include registration serial number
2. Separate table which contains a list of valid serial numbers, model number, and production date, warrantee period end date.
3. The form should contain validation and notification requiring full customer input.
4. Form should auto populate dropdowns for state and country selection
5. Back end submission engine must make the following validation checks:
1. Verify the serial number is valid from a lookup on the serial number table.
2. Verify the serial number has not been previously used on a registration.
3. Customers attempting to register models which are not under a warrantee period (i.e. generation 1 machines from 2008) will be notified warrantee is not in effect.
4. Capture form data and store in database.
6. Administration interface
1. Using ACL control the administration interface must allow for the following:
? Serial number lookup
? Lookup by customer name.
? Ability to edit or delete records
• Adds, deletes or updates from the ACL must be saved in an audit log.
This is all the functionality that is required at this time. Future modules will need to include CRM trouble tickets, email ticket status, and basic management metrics – i.e. number of calls logged, number of trouble tickets closed, etc.