You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We would like to create a web site where buyers can pool up to purchase predefined quantities of products in order to get a discounted price. Products and quantities are managed by sellers from various companies. The overall system should be managed by an administrator account that can approve/reject companies and deals.
1. Register company
2. Add/remove/edit deals consisting of product image, description, price, and time slot*
3. Add/remove/edit terms for my deals
* Each deal is active only in the chosen timeslot, beforehand it will not be shown, afterwards it is shown as completed
1. Register user account
2. Edit my preferred categories (e.g. “I am interested in cars, hotels, and computers”)*
3. Browse relevant offers (those which are marked by one or more of his/her preferred categories)
4. Reserve deals**
5. Browse through my reserved deals
6. Share deals using social media (facebook, twitter)
* Categories are predefined and stored in a tree structure
** Reserving a deal is equivalent to buying an item in a traditional web store, when the seller has got X reservations, the deal is marked as complete, and buyers can go to the store and purchase items using a generated coupon code
1. Approve / reject sellers
2. Approve / reject deals
3. Overview of buyer interests for each category
4. Add/remove/edit categories
# Typial use case
1. Seller registers his company
2. Admin approves the account
3. Seller adds his product with a time slot, and quantity X
4. Buyer reserves the product
5. Quantity is reached (X buyers reserved product)
6. Seller is notified
7. Buyers are notified, each one receive a unique generated purchase token
8. Buyer give seller the token, and purchase product for a discounted price
9. Seller registers the token to verify that it is valid, and mark it as
“used”, here he will also get an overview of numer of purchases completed (i.e.
tokens used and tokens remaining)
10. If some buyers did not use their token within a pre-defined time frame, the
product is added to a “leftovers”-section where other buyers can reserve the
# Technology and progress
We have started the project, and completed the following requirements: Seller.1, Buyer.1, Buyer.2, and Admin.4. This has been done using PHP, MySQL, and the Yii framework. It is preferable that you can continue on the work already done, however, you can start from scratch if you think that will be more efficient.
We will provide you with a GIT repository and web server configured with PHP 5.3 and MySQL 14. The project will have a dedicated database, and can be accessed using http://appdealen.no/.
The site should be easy to integrate into an app, so it is preferable with some sort of API. We can discuss possible solutions here. Our app will consist of a web page bundled into an iPhone, and Android app. This app will run on the same server, so accessing the database directly is a possibility.