I am developing a food delivery business and am interested in building a website using WordPress (as we have already paid for the theme). The site will need to have the following features and carry out the following tasks:
1) Take orders
2) Take payment (via Paypal)
3) Issue confirmations
4) Allow Suggestion form (to allow customers to suggest new restaurants)
1) A database where restaurant menus and prices can be uploaded and maintained
2) A customer information database (storing contact and log in details etc)
3) A process to facilitate confirmation communication between customer,and the delivery system
Initial Process Outline:
User selects which restaurant they want to buy food from using icons located on the home page
Once a restaurant is selected user will be presented with a menus where they can see each item that can be bought and the subsequent price. The user can select which items they want and the quantity. Once selected items are placed into a shopping cart
Once user is happy with the food in their cart they can choose a delivery time (from predetermined time slots) and are then taken to the payment page
On the payment page all costs are summarised including food and delivery costs and customers are directed to Paypal to make payment either through paypal account or debit/credit card
Once payment made and order is confirmed customer receives confirmation email and orders are fed into the ‘pending orders’ database and sent to the delivery driver based on collection time.
In the event we are overloaded with orders, there must be a system to switch off the order taking for a period and a holding message should be displayed detailing why no more orders can be accepted.
- See more at: http://www.wphired.com/wordpress-jobs/food-delivery-wordpress-site/#sthash.q4FauPPh.dpuf