I have a business website already, I need to add bidding on projects similar to how freelancer or the old scriptlance use to work. Basically customers will be able to post projects they need done, and freelancers will be able to post questions and bid on the projects.
Along with a bidding system like freelancer it should also include:
1) customers can post the project along with pictures and video if necessary and the site needs to limit the number of pictures and compress them on client side similar to how facebook works
2) freelancers can post questions and comments about the project and their bid amount, and the questions and bid amounts should be visible on the project page to everyone, not just the customer
3) a flagging system should be added, so if a customer posts an inappropriate project or a freelancer makes an inappropriate comment it can be flagged and a email will be sent to admin with a link to the project for review
4) some sort of administration page so projects can be removed, updated by admin, etc
5) messaging system between customers and freelancers
6) customers can update a project to add additional information, pictures or videos at a later time
7) customers can escrow an amount on the site
8) a dispute resolution process, where customers would post the issue, freelancer can respond and work out the situation or decide if it needs to be escalated to arbitration, possibly for a fee
9) profile pages for customers and freelancers, similar to ebay profile pages, where it displays a customized page for the user along with feedback
Additional Project Description:
01/13/2013 at 20:14 EST
I would like this project completed as soon as possible
the freelancer hired for this project may be used for other projects in the future depending on how well they do on this project and how much their bid is. I have hired several freelancers on freelancer.com before and I always go back to them first on projects to see if they want it before posting it on here. They were all busy with other projects so I put this project on here.
01/13/2013 at 20:15 EST
I have another freelance programmer who created the site. You will be working with him to integrate the bidding with the current php website.
01/15/2013 at 22:28 EST
1) I know there are already scripts out there, a search for "freelance clone php" resulted in dozens of similar projects, many are free. If you would like to use one of these existing scripts and modify it that would be acceptable
2) the current website already has existing freelancers and customers. The winner of this project will need to integrate the existing freelancers and customers with the new bidding system. The other programmer can help with integration, but you may need to write a custom script to work with the current database of freelancers and customers.
3) the current website has a identity verification process already in place to prevent multiple accounts. The winner of this project will need to work with the other programmer on integrating the existing identity verification process in with the new bidding system.
01/26/2013 at 11:35 EST
A) If the freelancer chooses to use an project bidding script, there will need to be customization done to the look and feel of the script. Please DO NOT bid if you do not want to customize the script.
B) Any bids over $700 will be ignored
01/26/2013 at 11:37 EST
C) Freelancers that submit working demos of freelancer bidding sites will be considered first.