Need some work done? Post a Project Today
I have a site hosted by siteground I would like to turn into a VERY basic community site for the parents of a small school here in New Paltz NY. I have WP, buddypress, and bbpress installed - just not sure exactly how to get them up and going. I am fine with the basic buddypress theme, however want to achieve some basics. I have used WP at work in basic ways, editing pages, adding media and etc, so I think once the basics are in place I can work my through.
We would like the following features:
1. a private site, where you need to register and can only sign up by having a password. (isnt this buddypress privacy?)
2. install and establishment of wp-wiki section (or wp-docs if thats what you recommend), so admin's can post basic docs, history of the schools etc, open to editing and addition from the community.
3. a forum section for educational topics, class by class discussions (heard bbpress is best for this?)
4. a community editable calender - with email notification of new events and changes
5. RSS and email notification available to members
6. lastly if there is way for the admins to send out email notifications to all members, weekly messages or snow closing etc.
Open to suggestions. The purpose of the site is a way for the parents to share ideas, educational articles, and information in an open enviroment in our community. We hope that this will enable us build a communication system for our small school. We are doing this own our own with school school funds so trying to keep this at a low cost. Appreciate your help with this project. Would like to get this going soon!