You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Create a website with database form functions for retrieving events & contests information & provide an easy way for an administrator to create and modify the events & contests information in the data base. This website should provide notification functionality(email, rss, or sms) to the users when new information is uploaded meeting their search criteria. User will be able to create a secure profile that contains information needed that makes it easy for them to populate the requested information to participate in these events or contests.
Create a website that will allow users to login and view or select information about upcoming events/contests. For example: a user can logon to the website with a unique userid and pswd, or enter as a guest, and select criteria for future events or contests or choose certain date ranges. The user would also be able to select information based search criteria for example: age ranges (ex: under 18, 18-25, 26-30 etc), type of event (ex: writing, sports, volunteer), type of prizes (ex: cash, scholarships, electronics, cars, household items, etc), age ranges (ex: under 18, 18-25, 26-30 etc), USA citizen or not. The design of the website and database should be flexible enough to add more db search criteria when needed as well as add these new fields in a menus on the website. Users will be able to create a profile that contains personal information needed that makes it easy for them to populate the requested information to participate in these events or contests (ex: name, address + zip code, email ,phone number, etc. ) The overall design and layout of the website and database should be easy to navigate and understand, as well as to update when needed. There should be a way to donate money (ex: paypal or credit card) to the site to help keep it maintained.
Example of how the site would work:
Visitor enter website and either decides to create or enter with a unique userid/pswd or just view the site as a guest. The main homepage layout of the website should explain the function of the website. The website will provide the following:
* An easy to understand homepage menu used to select the search criteria that will search the database for events/contests that match the query information selected and present it on the website or allow them to print it or email it to themselves or a friend. (image/string verification or captcha should be used to reduce automatic form submissions)
* A list of most currently added events/contests & the most popular
* A link to past events/contests results log
* Ways to sign up for automatic notification via email or social media (Facebook, RSS, Twitter, SMS, etc)
* Small area where Ads could be placed either on the side of at the bottom of the page
* All of the standard functionality of informational website
* security of users information and Database security should use industry standard or better
* Available input section to provide link or information to the administrator about upcoming events/contest
* all fields that can automatically check for the proper input information should be enabled to check and inform when there is an information input error (ex: valid email address, logon error, valid dates, valid numeric phone number, etc)
* Drop down menus available for criteria selection such as calendar, country/city/state, event contest types, etc.
* Website design layout should consider how tablet & mobile users will experience the website
* FAQs, Help, About Us, & Comments/Contact Us tabs in place
The finish product should contain all of the standard website functionality and specific functions listed above for both the website & database. The database should be easy to navigate, maintain, and update. The entire website and database should be flexible enough to be hosted in the cloud or on a personal web server. The finished product should not require expert knowledge to maintain.