You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
The Star Observer is a community owned print and online newspaper which has been the journal of record for the Australian Gay and Lesbian community since 1979; our website, built using Wordpress, can be found at www.starobserver.com.au. The print version of the newspaper (which can be found under ‘latest issues’) has a popular classified advertisement and business directory section which we would like to replicate on line. We are happy to use available plug-ins to deliver the required functionality and we can be flexible on specific functionality.
Key self-service functionality should allow advertisers to:
1. Select (from a list of available categories) where the advertisement should be placed (categories may include Financial Services, Legal Services, Building Services, ‘Community’)
2. Select (from a list of available sub-categories) where the advertisement should be placed (categories for Financial Services may include Taxation, Investment Advisors etc)
3. select whether the advert should appear in print, online or both
4. select the type of advertisement they wish to place, support for a least 6 different types of advertisement is required:
a. Free classified advertisement (only available in ‘Community’ Category online)
b. Free business directory listing (only available in ‘Community’ Category online)
c. Standard classified advertisement
d. Standard business directory listing
e. Premium classified advertisement
f. Premium business directory listing
5. select the time period the advertisement should run for (1 month, 3 months, 6 months)
6. upload artwork for advertisements (ensure artwork meets required criteria for file size, file type and dimensions)
7. enter a click-through website address/phone number/email address for the advertisement (each item is optional)
8. enter purchasers information (at least name, email address, phone number)
9. validate email address (through sending a verification email or similar)
10. enter payment information and process/verify payment ($ value to be calculated based on a Rate Card which provides cost based on type of advertisement selected, print/online and time period selected). Payment via credit card or PayPal accepted.
11. email a receipt for the transaction
Key Functionality for Displaying the Advertisements
1. Online advertisements (once accepted) should be displayed in the appropriate category and sub category for the period booked
2. Users should be able to ‘click through’ advertisements to access website address/phone number/email address
Key functionality for Star Observer staff:
1. Accept or reject advertisements (including taking down advertisements once posted)
2. Maintain the list of available categories and sub-categories
3. Maintain a current Rate Card
4. Maintain a list of artwork specifications
5. View reports for specified periods on the use of the system including:
a. financial report
b. list of advertisements booked
c. List of advertisement due to expire
d. List of advertisement impressions and click throughs
6. Access contact information for advertisers
At the end of the project all source-code and associated development materials/documentation must be supplied to allow further development/customisation to be conducted by a developer selected at Star Observer's discretion. IP rights must not be retained by the developer.
Additional Project Description:
04/28/2013 at 0:01 AKDT
04/29/2013 at 22:00 AKDT
I have uploaded a screen layout which shows a potential screen layout for PC/Tablet sized screens. This would need to be modified for use on standard phone sized screens.