Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Hi, we own a music blog called After Dark Anthems (afterdarkanthems.com). Its more or less a video blog, but the content is all music. I have one functional addition that needs to be done, and a number of random fixes. The majority of this list is extremely simple but my development team is tapped out right now, hence the outsource on the basics. That said, here's the project requirements:
- Create a playlist function. Ultimately, this function will allow users to add any youtube video on any of the list pages (see our website) to a "playlist" div that continues to run as they move from page to page on the bottom of the page. The bottom bar will will have two different settings, minimal and video. The minimal will just be the basic youtube play bar or whatever player bar without any video, the video version will have a very small video thumbnail of the video playing that they can expand to full screen etc if they're actually interested in watching it. The playlist will continue to play through the stuff they've selected as they browse the site. To add each video to the playlist, we'll need to add a plus icon over the top of the video thumbnails. They'll also need to have a small list they can pull up from the playlist div to see the playlist list. We also would like a pop out window so they can open the playlist up in a new smaller window (so they can close the main website if desired). We can get into the specifics of how to make it look etc later (our team will provide the graphics), but those are the functions to bid on.
- Remove the view count from the page posts. If you go to any one of our video posts, you can see a "view count". This just needs to be commented out. As previously stated, extremely easy (as is the rest of this list).
- Add custom graphic headers that we can specify to each category (no graphic development...just the ability for our team to upload/manage such category header graphics in wordpress). So for instance, on dubstep, instead of it just saying dubstep, we could upload a graphic against that category name. If there is no such graphic uploaded, it would just use the title. Again, easy. It would be as simple as loading a wordpress custom field (which would be a graphic URL we would save) as an image in the category pages. Another 5-10 minute fix.
- On the main page, we have a video slider with the five most recent videos on the entire site. We want one of these sliders on the category page with the 5 most recent for that category. Again, more or less a copy and paste and one line change in the query where clause.
- Quick query fix: currently, if we start to post a new video, it shows up in the video slider on the main page before the video is "Published' (It shows as auto draft). We need to fix the query to make sure it doesnt show any data until the video is completely posted.
- Change the Previous and Next buttons on the individual video posts to Older and Newer with the title of that previous or next article.
- Possible login integration with Facebook. We want users to be able to login using their facebook account, but currently we dont have a lot of use for logins at all. Please consider this part of the bid, merely integrating a facebook login with the site login (I know there are already many wordpress plugins for this function), although I may decide to retract it after talking to my content manager.
That is, 100%, the scope of what we're looking for. Other than the video playlist, each of these items shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Your bid should be more or less specific to the playlist function.
Additionally, we're looking for an ongoing support developer. If the winner does a good job with this project, we will need him/her/team for ongoing hourly support, so please be ready to provide an hourly rate as well (if you can't, thats ok, we'll just need to know that up front).