You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Hi all Wordpress plugin developers.
We want to create a new Wordpress plugin, and as we do not have time to do it, we need someone to help us with that one.
The purpose is to create a plugin that reads the RSS feed from Spil Games publishers website and creates posts in Wordpress for the games. Each game as an own post with information of the games.
We are interested in the JSON RSS feed that can be created in http://publishers.spilgames.com/rss-builder/
Example of the data in the json feed for one game:
"title": "Operate Now: Nose Surgery",
"published": "Fri, 23 Aug 2013 00:00:00 +0200",
"updated": "Wed, 14 Aug 2013 14:45:35 +0200",
"category": "Puzzle Games, Simulation Games",
"description": "Doctor, this patient needs a vital operation, stat! Get to the OR on the double.",
As we want the plugin to work with multiple different Wordpress themes, we need some customisation/setting how each game post will be created and how the plugin work. The following customisation/settings are needed:
- select the postype for the game (list of available postypes in WP, standard and custom) i.e. what type of post is been created for each game.
- select for each key in the RSS feed which field in wordpress it will be mapped to (e.g. description can be mapped to excerpt, or any other text field)
- select the categories that are processed (e.g. girls games, etc. has to be option all)
- it would be sufficient to have in the plugin a selection of the thumbnail size that wants to be used, similarly than in the Spil Games RSS builder.
- if keys are not mapped to any fields the plugin should not stop working.
- there should be possibility to select the language of the feed
- there should be possibility to set the offset of how many games are been fetched.
- the plugin needs to be able to manage duplicates, and the ID is the unique key per game. If there is updates in description or other texts, these needs to be updated to the existing post.
We are putting a lot emphasis on code quality and would ask you to submit me with some samples of plugins that you have created in the past for Wordpress. The code that we need, must be something that can be worked on in the future by someone without need to rewrite it, so clean and structured. We will also review the code.
We are also open to ideas/suggestions on the implementation and happy to answer any questions you may have.
As a new in the community, looking forward to see how this will work out, as will hopefully be able to post more jobs in the future.