You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We are building a Magento-based website to sell Mobipocket eBooks. Magento supports downloadable products, but when setting up a downloadable product you must upload the product that is being sold. Mobipocket's eBooks are under DRM restriction, so the download must be customized for each user. These eBooks can be read on a number of devices including Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Palm OS and even on anormal PC computer using Mobipocket's free reader software. The user provides a key to the device they wish to read the eBook on, and Mobipocket then provides a link to download a copy of the book that can only be read on that device. Users can read their book on a maximum of 4 devices. In general, this task will include:
1. Extending Magento's Downloadable Product into a Mobipocket eBook product, which replaces the static link to the downloadable data with a reference to which Mobipocket eBook is being sold.
2. Creating a method to automatically download ALL Mobipocket eBook meta data and insert each one into the catalog as a new product, and setting its categories. Also creating a method to download NEW book data at regular weekly intervals.
3. After purchasing an eBook, requiring the user to specify the key to the device on which they intend to read the eBook and providing them with the link to the eBook from Mobipocket.
4. Cloning the "My Downloadable Products" section of "My Account" and naming it "My eBooks" which will provide a dynamic list of links pulled from MobiPocket of all previously purchased MobiPocket eBooks
5. Adding a section to the "My Account" section for managing eBook reader devices.
6. Allowing users to purchase eBooks without creating an account on our website.
The required and optional Mobipocket integration steps listed here:
(I want all the optional integration steps done as well)
Magento has an existing Web Services API, which should be straightforward to extend for this project:
Mobipocket also requires that you run their special library for encryption of URL parameters called MobipocketSecureClient. There are some details here:
Before starting, I'd like you to go to http://www.mobipocket.com, download their free reader software, download a free sample from one of their books, and generally understand how the whole process is supposed to work. Also, I'd like to talk to you and go over how you intend to implement this. I want to ask you about your experience with Magento and make sure you have a full understanding of what's involved.
Summary of skills needed:
2. Magento experience
3. Web Services
4. Object oriented design
7. Apache Tomcat