You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Recreate the feature used by www.n4g.com on their homepage that displays articles submissions by users. I need users to be able to submit an entry with an image, title, brief intro and a link that takes the viewer to that page being promoted... This will be receated to work with K2 articles on the Joomla 1.5 platform that currently has a rating and tagging system built in... The site you will be working on is mmaentry .com
1. Users of the Joomla Site can submit articles (see attached) but for K2 articles, choosing which category they post into, the title, a brief description, an image and tags.
2. Adjust CSS for K2 setup based on design (will be completed later)
3. Configure K2 profiles to sync in with JomSocial
4. Setup different view filters for the articles submitted
Designs for implementation will follow for CSS edits, please bid and PM me with any ideas or thoughts that may support, or just ask for more information.
Additional Project Description:
08/09/2011 at 13:08 EDT
ANSWERS TO A FEW QUERIES:
1) Will the visitor get himself registered before posting the articles?
-- The visitor will need to be registered in order to submit article information outline in the images attached
2) Will the visitor be able to upload on only Text or image and Videos too ?
-- The user will link
3) For how long will a article remain published in the site?
-- The article will remain published forever
4) Will the article get directly published on the site as soon as a visitor posts it in the site or it has to get first approved by the Admin before it get published?
-- The article will remain unpublished until given permission by admin
5) Can a visitor delete a article once it get published?
-- Yes, the visit will have their own profile within K2 as the component enables. They have the abilit to view all of their articles. (Please research into K2 component, a lot of this is pre-developed)
6) Can any other visitor "Like" or "Rate" or "Comment" on a particular article ?
-- Likes, rates, comments etc will work for visitors as various plugins are enabled to work with ALL K2 items.
7) How many article be displayed on the Home page at one time.
-- Please see the attached images for layout idea.
FLOW OF PROJECT
1. When the user clicks the 'Submit' button it will take them to the page where they can begin to fill out their article based on the layout and fields shown. This page will be for registered members ONLY, so they will have to register or signup to access it.
2. Registered users can submit article items as in the image attached which will then be submitted, but unpublished until published by admin.
3. The articles will then be filtered through as show in the design by 'CHARGE' which is just another word used for 'Hits' ... these hits will be represented by the battery charge icon which changes based on various increments of Hits until it reaches it's 'Fully Charged' limit. (say 5 step increments)
4. The user can filter ALL the different article types / categories and filter by The most 'charged' (hits) and category
5. On the homepage there is a 'MOST CHARGED' section (please see image) .. this features the MOST CHARGED items for the day, week and month. This could be done externally to K2, perhaps adapt and change the CSS of an existing module installed called 'News GK Pro 4' which is active on the website. This could then be positioned in various places.
- Adjust CSS and layout to have K2 articles filter through as seen in the design attached
- Configure K2 so publishing can be done by users front end by the the Submit layout attached
- Sync K2 users with JomSocial network (there are various plugins I can source to help speed this up... the general idea is so that the articles submitted by users can also be displayed in their jomsocial profile and the network news feed - http://www.jomsocial.com/download/addons/content-enhancements/jooblogs-k2items.html
I'm looking for your expertise also, as you may be able to show better ways in approaching this project. Please PM me for more info...