Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Need a template and VideoWhisper.com module tweaks, new module implementations to build an alternative to Tinychat using Elgg.org .
- php programming
- experience or time to study elgg, videowhisper, twitter, facebook php frameworks
- clean css based design
Current project includes these 2 VideoWhisper modules:
A sample site of current project is available at http://instantvideoconference.com/ .
Extra module functionality required:
- live user count per room (applications can call a script from time to time to notify that user is online and live users can be tracked in a table)
- site widget to list most active rooms (with most users), from all modules
- site widget to show screenshots of online users with webcams on (screenshot can also be generated by applications, just need to create and use thumb from this), also from all modules
- configurable admin settings to cleanup unused rooms (rooms not entered for X days) and also configure other module settings like rtmp server address, streaming settings and other parameters listed in the settings or login scripts
- widget to place on user's site/blog: users can copy and paste html code that will load a js showing link to their room and current number of users ie. My Room (5)
Like the 2 existing modules (for conference and 2 way rooms), new modules should be integrated for:
- 1 way streaming (with broadcast and watch interfaces) from http://www.videowhisper.com/?p=PHP-Live-Streaming
- e-Learning rooms from http://www.videowhisper.com/?p=PHP-Video-Consultation
The new template, module tweaks should include functionality improvements as on tinychat.com, and some more:
+ Descriptive frontpage to create rooms (selecting from available types), access features, signup, signin
+ Template should be css based, clean, modern web 2.0 style
+ Live directory (listing rooms with snapshots already generated by the existing modules)
+ Twitter and Facebook connect, status updates when entering a chat first time that day
+ Twitter and Facebook integrations should have viral functionality: announce link when user creates new rooms or enters a certain chat room. This should have flood protection (no more than one announcement per 15 minutes).
+ Tweet, Like on site and rooms
+ Template should keep Elgg features like latest activity, friends, groups, dashboard, support for other modules, spotlight.
All current php source code is available under GPL for further development.
Code should be built using Elgg coding standards and should work with latest Elgg version.