Need some work done? Post a Project Today
We have a system that is PHP driven and runs on a standard web server with GD library and other standard PHP files but NOT image magick.
We need a library that will provide us with a range of image functions to use - our requirements are:
1) To make the image background transparent - this needs to work as well as when doing transparency with an image tool like photoshop and handle as many images as possible.
2) We need to convert from relevant formats into images- as many formats as possible are preferred but as a minimum we need to convert EPS to image (JPEG).
3) We need to convert CMYK images to RGB images
Optional items - not critical
1) As part of the point 1 we would like an error handling system if the transparency wasnt brilliant - this is a secondary requirement for now so is not key.
2) As part of point 2 we would like to support other file types like PDF, DOC, PSD, SWF etc - as many as possible.
3) If there are other functions - like converting images to grayscale etc - we would like this but its not critical.
All function options should support an image resource (as generated by createimagefromjpeg etc) or a filename to load and output should be the same via an optional parameter.
The system uses GD library functions like imagecreatefromjpeg and similar functions - its important that the image created from your library be compatible with these functions (though this should be implicit). Image must also work in web pages.
It is a key requirement that this function work on a standard web server that has the GD library installed.