Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Attention Scriptlance users, Scriptlance has been acquired by Freelancer.com! Find out more
Modify 'email to database' subroutine
Modify safelist subroutine that sends email to a database. The script is written in perl.
The subroutine works as follows:
1. User enters a message.
2. User clicks submit button.
3. Message is sent individually to each member in the database as that member's name is read. (messages sent via sendmail)
4. User must wait until all the messages have been sent before can leave page.
Want subroutine modified so that
1. user can leave page before messages are sent out.
2. message is sent to user in database individually (not bulk).
3. print "Message will be sent, you can leave this page" on screen once user submits their message
3. if use perl modules, preferable to use only those included in a standard installation. If a compelling case can be made to use a non-standard module, then will consider.
4. The current subroutine uses a flat file that is generated from a MySQL database. If reading from the MySQL database instead of the flat file improves the performance of the script, then modify script to read from MySQL database.
The MySQL database selects members to send email if they meet the following criteria:
"SELECT * FROM safelist WHERE Status LIKE 'Verified' AND Vacation LIKE 'Normal'"
In the end, the subroutine should work as follows:
User enters a message.
User clicks submit button.
User can leave page.
Message printed on screen saying "Messages will be sent, you can leave this page"
Message sent to each member in database one at a time.
Freelancer.com (formerly GetAFreelancer, Scriptlance and vWorker/Rentacoder) is the world's largest freelancing, outsourcing and crowdsourcing marketplace for small business. Hire freelancers to work in software, writing, data entry and design right through to engineering and the sciences, sales and marketing, and accounting & legal services.
Find freelance jobs and make money online! We have freelance coders, writers, programmers, designers, marketers and more. Getting the best web design, custom programming, professional writing or affordable marketing has never been easier!
© Copyright 2013 Freelancer Technology Pty Limited (ACN 142 189 759)
Freelancer ® is a registered Trademark of Freelancer Technology Pty Limited (ACN 142 189 759)