Need some work done? Post a Project Today
I need a perl script or parser to extract and transpose data from a text file
I need data to be extracted and transposed from a structured text file. This processing needs to be performed in perl.
Here is the suggested program flow
program should read a config file. Config file will contain name of the input text file,its location , name of output text file and its location plus some other information.
see attached config.ini file
1. program will read the input file.
2. extract the data. some of the data is in the input file is in time format. this value needs to changed into seconds.
3. aggretation or derived value for some fields. These fields are marked in red in the process-output.xlsx and thread-output.xlsx file. for example for any given process how many threads are there ? this is would come under
Number of Threads
You need to create 3 seperate output files named as follows
1. process-output.csv >> This has information about every process (see attached)
2. thread-output.csv>>This has information about every thread (see attached)
3. threads-containing-string.csv>> This will contain the thread address of each thread that has the given string in the thread stack. ( only input file named thread-stack-contains.txt for this requirement is provided)
The input data file named process-input.txt is only a sample data file.
I have large number of data files against which I need to run the script. so your job is to provide me one solid script that can extract data from these files. The data files will keep changing but basic data structure would remain the same.
My budget for this script is USD 30.00, Bids above this amount will not be considered.
Additional Project Description:
02/20/2012 at 17:59 CET
added two more input files