Need some work done? Post a Project Today
We are looking for a reliable team to develop a news website catering to a worldwide audience. The website is needs to be scalable, reliable and easy to manage as its content increases and its editorial and contributing staff. The website will have both static and dynamic content and will undergo (daily) updates. We will be adding more than a 1000 pages per month and expect to have a monthly page view of 30-50 K and plan to achieve that target within 6 months. Graphic design would be provided. Individuals please excuse.
We are not interesting in using WP/Joomla as a CMS. They have still not matured enough to be a news publishing platform. No templates, only custom development. Prefer Drupal or if you do Perl programming then Movable Type. We are looking for team who have requisite experience & expertise in either Drupal or Perl who have the confidence to pull through. The team will have to be a organized one, which has a planning & analysis section, development & internal testing section. The site will go through rigorous testing phases.
The team needs to work as per IST and there should be communication on daily basis via voice or chat. We prefer Indian Companies/Teams.
1. Provides a user experience that enhances the given design and is aligned with the overall growth strategy of the website.
2. A strong administrative backend that allows content authors, contributors and editors to manage their content via permission levels set within the system by the Super administrator.
3. The chosen CMS needs to be cost effective, scalable, reliable and secure.
4. Allow 3rd party plugins/widgets/modules to be integrated to enhance the website functionality.
5. Make it easy for content authors to follow guidelines for SEO and best practices to enhance website growth.
6. Website needs to be compatible with IE 8 and above, Firefox v4 and above, Google Chrome, Apple Safari as well as Tablet and Smartphone devices. For Tablets and Smartphones, the website should scale and be viewable on iOS, Window Phone 7+ and Google Android OS.
7. A user and administrative training along with technical knowledge transfer would be required.
Detailed RFP would be provided to shortlisted bids. NDA would be signed before start. Good price & better quality will win. Your bids should not have standard answers. It should give ample proof that your team is the most capable & why. Atleast 5 good reasons why we should pick you. Lastly pls type "NEWSWORLD" in your opening line to make sure you have read every detail otherwise bids would be ignored.
Additional Project Description:
11/12/2012 at 12:03 SGT
A reminder to all. We need relevant experience in the technologies mentioned. Please be sure you can show such experience & expertise. Bids are welcome from other countries too provided your team can work as per IST time zone.
11/12/2012 at 22:02 SGT
We would like everyone to review the attached full RFP. We understand that individuals are not suited for this kind of Project. Only if your team/company who can send a complete proposal will be shortlisted. So expecting competent teams to submit their proposal asap to be considered.
11/13/2012 at 11:10 SGT
Only those who send qualified proposals would be considered. Rest can consider themselves ignored. Proposals should reach us by 16/11/2012
11/17/2012 at 16:28 SGT
The last date for proposal submission is 19/11/2012, Monday after which we would not consider any bids other than who have submitted formal proposal on the RFP submitted.