You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Purpose of the project is to create maps for an iOS/Android game (https://vimeo.com/53372413)
TOP LEVEL MAP:
- one top level map of US east coast
- resolution 4096x4096 px PNG
- could be similar or different to the attached examples
MEDIUM LEVEL MAPS:
- 120 medium level maps that correspond to sections on the top level map. These sections should be near the coast line.
- resolution of each map 2048x2048px PNG
- somewhat based on actual heightmap of US east coast, but the aim of the project is to create maps for a game, not cartographical maps. Ie we prefer cute looking maps over exact geographical accuracy.
- maps should have grassland areas, hills, mountains, rivers, lakes, swamps
- overlay layer: forests (added by your or us, subject to discussion)
- we don't care how you create them, probably best approach is to use heightmap as a rough base and one of the terrain generators: World Machine, Terragen, Grome
- this is our game for which we need the maps:
a) http://www.kulfun.com (Birth of America happening in 1770)
- the players will click on on one section of a top map, proceed down to medium level map where they will see towns and other players, and then proceed further down to detailed map. The detailed map is procedurally generated, while top and medium level maps need to be artistically created.
- nice "cute" example of a top map that we like, but is not necessarily the only map we like, its just one example of a map that is "cute is better than cartographic accuracy": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwQtiDfyK-E
- attached are some of our examples of top and medium maps, but they need further refinement and we are not fully happy with them. We think much better quality is possible, especially in terms of cuteness and overall appeal
a) low res: http://binaries.openttd.org/bananas/heightmap/US_East_Coast-1.tar.gz
b) high res: http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/view.php?id=73934
BIDDING and PAYMENT
Please send an example of medium level map to qualify for selection process. We can't pick a winner without getting some kind of clue what you are capable of making. If you can make cute nice looking maps, that have some basis on actual US east coast relief, you are going to get this project.
We also have $8,000 of other graphics work. We prefer to establish long term relationship with skilled and experienced artist.