You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I am creating a sports game, initially for PC with views to port to current and/or next gen consoles. The sport is the Irish sport of Gaelic Football. I have attached some pictures of Gaelic Football players for reference.
What is required:
- 3D base model of human character with shirt, shorts, socks and boots
- The base model rigged appropriately so the full range of human movements produce no stray vertices
- Textures provided for skin/face/hair and boots
- UV unwrap of textures for easy manipulation in graphics editor. (Photoshop)
- NO ANIMATION REQUIRED JUST THE RIGGING
What is desirable:
- Multiple textures for shirt/shorts/socks which can be then editted in graphics editor.
- Example: Shirt texture with stripes which can have the colours changed easily by myself and a separate shirt texture with coloured sleeves.
- 3 different height body models (Short/Medium/Tall)
- Different meshes for simple hair types (Example: Short/Medium/Long lengths)
- Texture for hair that can be easily changed for colour of hair
- Extra texture for facial hair that can be easily added to base skin texture, and coloured appropriately
- LOD models for reduced tris/polys for far away rendering
Not all of the above desirable criteria is necessary, but if these can be met it will improve the chances of being granted the project.
The model will need to be fully compatible within 3DS Max, ie. full access to the skeleton for animation on my side, I will be importing a bip file so the rig needs to be able to work with it. I have no specification for number of tris/polys for the model, as I am not sure what would be efficient enough for the engine, but as a guide, there could be between 10 (High LOD) and 30 (Low LOD) models on screen at once. I would think ~5k tris would be enough? Texture sizes can be a max of 2048x2048px.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity for further work, after successful completion, including pitch/stadium modelling and a further humanoid model (Simpler).
There are bound to be questions, especially surrounding the customisable textures, that I will be more than willing to answer. Previous work in a similar field (humanoid modelling/rigging) would be highly desirable.