Need some work done? Post a Project Today
We are looking for a Mandarin & Cantonese speaker with a good level of spoken and written English, who preferably is based in Guangzhou, to do some market research for us on printing houses based in Guangzhou and/or Shenzhen.
The task is to find 20 printing houses that have technology and capacity to print and assemble our products in the volume we request. Simultaneously, you will need to contact these companies and ask them to provide you with the quotes for the production of specifications we will send to you (you will, of course, need to translate these specifications into Chinese).
Next, if the quotes you receive from the printing houses are satisfactory, you will need to request, on our behalf, some samples that will need to be shipped to us in London, UK. We need to ensure that the quality of the products is sufficiently good and that it meets our standards.
The main point of the research is to contact Chinese printing houses with no presence in English language. Therefore, you CANNOT provide us with contact details and quotes from the companies that are:
- printing brokers and deal with international clients,
- printing houses that have their websites in English or have English speaking account managers,
- companies are listed on alibaba.com or similar websites.
The reason is - we’ve contacted all these companies already, but we would still like to gain a better understanding of the local market in Guangdong Province.
The spreadsheet you will be preparing for us will need to be created in Chinese, but the entries will need to be translated into English. We will provide you with a brief on our products and order specifications once this research project is granted to you.
We will only review the bids from candidates that:
- are native or excellent Chinese speakers,
- can demonstrate good fluency in English language,
- have some previous experience in market research,
- tell us what resources (websites/directories/phonebooks) are going to use to find the companies.
This phase of the project should not take you more than 10 hours of work in total:
- 0.5 hrs to translate the order specifications
- 5 hours to find, contact and request production quotes from 20 companies
- 4.5 hrs to request sample products on our behalf if the quotes are satisfactory.
We will pay you on an hourly basis and reserve the right to review your progress after a few initial hours of work.
If we are satisfied with your performance on this project and you would like to continue working with us, we would extend the project to the deal arrangements and the production supervision (with one of our employees from England). That’s essentially your opportunity to become our agent in China.
We look forward to receiving the bids from you.