You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Dear all freelancers,
I'll try to structure this proposal as good as possible.
Here we go!
= Who are we? =
We are a Belgian youth touring operator that organizes language holidays.
To keep our 3000+ bookings/year go smoothly and at the same time organize many different formulas (youth holidays, school trips and excursions) we rely on an in-house developed python web application.
In order to provide great service we have to keep or platform up to date, and that's why we need you!
= What needs to happen? =
There are two tasks at hand.
1) Every year we have new ideas that should be transformed into tangible screens & code. Our goal is to group this in a yearly big project that takes between one and three months.
The year after we will come with new ideas and requested functionality, it would then be great to rely on the same developer because he/she is familiar with the code base/db scheme.
2) Every application needs maintenance; this includes resolving bugs, database manipulations, some plugin updates and so on. These tasks will be grouped so that you are not contacted every day, but rather weekly (or two-weekly if preferred).
Of course for the mission critical issues we hope that there is some availability within 24h. (but this rarely happens)
For this second task, expect around a day's work every two weeks.
= Who are we looking for =
* A python programmer with web experience
* A person who is longer in the freelance branch on which we can count in the mid/long term
* Good communication skills, good level of English.
* Advanced SQL skill: Querying will be the most difficult task as the database contains 60+ tables (which are well structured, and well referenced, but it takes some time to get the whole picture)
= on the python platform =
* The code base is very straightforward, the url’s map to python files and a function inside them. (it is not object oriented)
* HTML/CSS is separated in another layer with the help of the cheetah templating language
* We use Postgresql for the database (but no special features are used, so general SQL knowledge suffices)
= What do we have to offer =
* We pay a fair price for the services offered. This can be done on an hourly basis or on project. That's up to you.
* To get you started quickly
** We have an online wiki for the current code base
** The code (as well as the relational database) has enough comments to understand the flow
* We have a very skilled server maintenance person, it will take a lot of weight of your shoulders and he is really pleasant to work with
= Interested? =
* make an offer and don't forget to contact us through pm, we would love to ask you some extra questions.