You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
- You must notify me of the key topics for the SWOT of the paper (themes)
- You must complete the paper with the following criteria
Paper (15-20 pages, APA format, 12 point font double spaced w/minimum of 20 references):
1. What are the most important 2-4 opportunities from the standpoint of your institution and/or department, in terms of the potential impact on financial stability? Threats? Why?
2. In what ways is your institution/department well-equipped to respond to these challenges?
3. In what ways is your institution/department ill-equipped to respond to these challenges?
4. Identify a change that you would recommend at your institution.
a. Reduce expenses OR increase revenues
b. AND Improve achievement of mission or strategic goals
5. Create a rationale for that change, grounded in the institutional context (data, values, plan, etc.), the external dynamic and research-based best practices.
3. Define the anticipated financial impact, with specific revenue and expense projections. If up-front investments are required or a short-term deficit is in place, define where the funding can come from.
- This paper should have 2 major components.
1. SWOT analysis w/ key recommendations and
2. Brief financial analysis to support key recommendations (changes in financials associated with the recommendations)
- First component must be written to identify the 2-4 major opportunities facing SUU (SWOT – Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats for each situation).
o Example: Online education -- Opportunity, but can they be competitive? If so, which departments and instructional areas?
o Example: SUU gets a significant portion of their revenue from the US government. In which areas are these funds going and can SUU expand their expertise and share of grants?
o Example: the state of Utah economy is growing faster than the average US state. How can SUU benefit from this and change its education strategy to benefit?
o Example: It is a priority of the Obama administration to advance 2 key areas of education STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) and vocational training (automotive, plumbing/HVAC, electrical repair service) in community schools. How can SUU meet these priorities?
o Example: SUU focuses heavily on teaching education and creating teachers (it has a good masters degree program in education). Can they be pioneers in teaching online education as online education teaching is expected to grow? Maybe they can
Again, these are only examples that I am thinking with no research. I do not have time to do this work, as I am busy with other projects. Please respond at the top of your bid with the words “Obama is president of US” so that I know you read this document.
- Second component – use the financials of SUU to support key recommendations. How will these key recommendations affect the financials? We need to see some kind of change in the financials as a result of the key recommendations.
- You must use research and cite valid data or reports to support any conclusions. APA format.
- There are 2 sample papers provided in this project:
o Mazzuchelli.doc – This paper provides a very good example of the proper format of the paper, but the section labeled “Opportunity for Edgewood College” should have the SWOT as explained in the other sample paper.
o Redacted sample paper.doc – this paper shows how the SWOT (opportunities for the college) section should look in the paper
Additional Project Description:
07/07/2013 at 19:50 PKT
The student tried to write a paper on Southern Utah University and received a preliminary failing grade. They want to have the paper re-written with a very good grade. The objectives of the paper (assignment from professor) are noted herein: