Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Please bid only if you are confident about your skills and have experience writing about Economic topics.
The purpose of this paper is to create a research proposal for a country specific development analysis. It is a proposal in the sense that it will not include empirical analysis but instead suggest what empirical work would need to be done and
why. After choosing a country, you will follow a growth diagnostics process to identify what are the binding constraints to development and through a decision tree process what specific aspects of development impediments need to be studied in detail.
Format and Guidelines: Your paper should meet the following standards:
• 3-5 pages single-spaced (12 pt. Times New Roman font, 1 inch margins).
• Include all in-text citations*
• Include a list of all sources cited*
* citation format (MLA, or APA, etc.), just choose one and be consistent.
Growth Diagnostics: The general theme for your proposal is the Growth Diagnostics framework of Hausmann et al (2005) and from our book. You should focus on one or two binding constraints and choose relevant topics from the course to propose how a full empirical/research study should proceed. In general though, you should follow the basic process of:
• Identify the binding constraint(s) to development
o What background data supports this claim?
o Why is this constraint important in the context of the development theories we’ve covered?
• What factors are relevant to this constraint (elements of the decision tree)
o This will be the place to incorporate topics from the course
o What do we know about how these issues affect the constraint(s)
o What empirics do we have to understand these connections?
• What else do we need to know to understand the issues causing the constraint(s)
o What theoretical models will be useful in understanding potential links?
o What empirical methods should we pursue to study these links?
Send me your bid and I will tell you what country to write about and give you a link of the book.