Yibada is hiring energetic Chinese-American and internet-savvy freelance news reporters/writers (I.C.) who have the work experience writing for online media, are willing to be passionate in introducing China to English speaking audiences, are willing to research, write and meet daily deadlines and goals.
Reporters/writers will write about China news that is trending in real time.
1. To own audience, reporter is expected to contribute 5 article per day from Monday to Friday, and 7 articles on Saturday and Sunday.
2. Be timely when delivering news stories, write compelling articles, drive traffic
1. Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field
2. Minimum of 1 year of journalism experience for online multimedia
3. Fluent in both Chinese and English
-Strong organizational and writing skills, as well as the ability to work independently and in collaboration with staff
-Ability to react to and post breaking news quickly and accurately.
-Deadline and detail oriented (must understand the standards of real-time news and be able to work under pressure when necessary)
-With online and social media know-how.
1. Cover letter
3. Rewriting Sample (Choose one article from the links below and rewrite it in English following style listed under Writing Style)
Yibada Inc. locates in New York, which is the Chinese Media dedicated to the niche of Chinese news, fashion, travel, education, food, etc. Yibada started from 2005 in San Francisco, and develop quickly to be a global Chinese media. Yibada is committed to provide the best and fastest news, and the most useful information to serve the local Chinese. Yibada’s headquarter is located in downtown, Manhattan.
Additional Project Description:
04/04/2013 at 10:24 EDT