You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Programme: Higher National In Computing
Module Title: Advanced Business Information Technology Project
Module Level: H2
Assignment Title/Number: 15 and 16
Word Limit: 2500-3000
This unit has been designed to integrate the knowledge and skills that you have developed on this course to deliver a practical and realistic solution to a business-related problem. This is a major piece of work that should demonstrate the performance expected at an HN Level 2 and reflect the double values in terms of both workload and content (120 guided learning hours). Guidance and advice will be given by your on-line tutor in terms of agreeing with you a viable business project but the emphasis is upon you to carry it out. In this sense, the role of your on-line tutor is to verify, encourage and counsel, rather than to direct. Each stage of your project development must be agreed, monitored and verified by your tutor. It is therefore your responsibility to contact your tutor to enable this.
Note: You may wish to build upon and expand the project that you undertook for the Business Implementation Technology Project or alternatively you may wish to undertake a new and separate project. The choice is entirely yours, but whatever you decide, you should formulate your choice in conjunction with your tutor and the requirements of this module.
Summary of Outcomes
To achieve this module, you must meet all of the following learning outcomes:
1. Identify a realistic business problem, plan and manage it’s solution
2. Specify and design a solution to a business problem
3. Implement the project
4. Present and critically evaluate the project
Assessment Criteria to be covered in this assessment:
Learning Outcome 1 - Identify a realistic business problem, plan and manage it’s solution
• Investigate a problem and its context, collect and record facts in an organised manner
• Provide a non-technical description of the problem
• Select a feasible outline solution for the problem
• Produce a detailed project plan
Learning Outcome 2 - Specify and design a solution to a business problem
• Produce a functional requirements specification and a design specification for the project
Learning Outcome 3 - Implement the project
• Evaluate and select suitable software
• Implement a solution
• Demonstrate that requirements have been satisfied
Learning Outcome 4 - Present and critically evaluate the project
• Present a detailed report of the project and its development in an attractive and professional manner
• Conduct a critical appraisal of the work completed
You are required to produce an acceptable and viable solution to a business related problem, which will provide you with the opportunity to develop a specialist interest, whilst also demonstrating the achievement of the project outcomes as a result of following a coherent set of H2 units. Typical examples of these types of projects may include networking strategies, application developments, use of methodologies, integrated office applications, proposals for information learning technology strategies, customer support systems.(although this list is by no means exhaustive). You are required to work individually and ideally your choice of project should be based upon a real situation. To complete the learning outcomes of this project you are required to undertake the following tasks:
1. Identify a realistic business problem (Learning Outcome 1)
1.1 By reviewing areas of interest and integrating H2 units, you are required to investigate a problem and agree a project for a realistic business problem. This will necessitate you:
• Collecting and recording of facts and information.
• Providing a non-technical description of the project.
• The selection of a feasible outline solution to the problem.
• Producing a detailed project plan.
To enable you to do this, you are required to complete a