You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Our ESL300 research assignment has two parts: the research report (15%), and a brief PowerPoint presentation (5%).
1. Choose a partner with whom you will work for the entire assignment.
2. Select one of the following topics; add names or job titles as needed.
3. After discussing and dividing tasks, with your partner research and write an analytical recommendation report; submit a hard copy to me in our first class of Week 12.
4. With your partner, prepare a brief PowerPoint (based on your report) and present it to our class in the first class of Week 13.
Topics (Choose one)
1. Today’s economy is experiencing dramatic changes. One significant change is a type of business called “The Share Economy”. As an employee in the __________industry, you have been asked by your manager to investigate this trend.
Prepare an analytical memo report written to your manager. Explain what the “Share Economy” is, how it functions in the workforce, and recommend whether or not your company should explore this trend.
2. At your workplace, many employees who are new to Canada have young children adjusting to their new country. Because of the parents’ desire to maintain their native language at home, management wants to investigate the possibility of establishing a heritage language children’s centre to help employees in two ways: with child care and with maintaining the employees’ native language for their children.
Prepare an analytical memo report directed to the company’s owner. Explain the functions of a heritage language school, its advantages (or disadvantages) in contributing to a bilingual home, and recommend whether you think such a facility would benefit the firm or its employees.
1 of 2
3. At your workplace, many employees are immigrants who hold professional certification and degrees earned from institutions outside of Canada. Since arriving in Canada, however, many have experienced difficulty finding jobs in their profession. Your employer wants to help but needs information about the challenges facing immigrants holding professional designations not recognized in Canada.
Write your manager an analytical memo report. Explain the challenges experienced by new immigrants who want their credentials recognized; offer some strategies that might help.
Research Report (15%)
Due: at the beginning of our second class in Week 12.
(Note: Late assignments lose 10 marks per day, including weekends.)
Length: approximately 1000 words
Format: memo divided into appropriated sections and using headings
Reader: the person identified in the topic
Report Content: At minimum of three (3) research sources must be cited (in-text) in the body of the report and identified in a References page at the end of the report. Sources must be documented following APA guidelines; check Purdue online guidelines available on Blackboard under Research Resources and the APA website for assistance outside of class. Organize information into an introduction, body (separated by headings), conclusions, and recommendations.