You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Course Title: MBA
Assignment Title: Managerial’ Decision Making & Problem-Solving
Assignment number: 1 of 1 (100% of overall grade)
1. To develop the knowledge and understanding of holistic theories and methodologies across a range of appropriate topic areas, and to undertake an analysis of the inherent complexity in organizational life, with a view to selecting appropriate conceptual “tools” as aids to understanding.
2. To develop student’s awareness of the complexity and inter-relationship of organizational problems, and also the ability to synthesise isolated data so as to re-frame (creatively) situations and their solutions by fostering an appreciation of the complementary nature of different systems approaches to problem solving
3. To develop a critical ability to select and “argue” for alternative approaches
emanating from the conceptual dimensions associated with “Reductionism / Holistic”, & “Rational / Non-rational” dimensions in relation to enable informed choices and decisions about approaches to problem solving and research
4. To develop a cognitive and transferable skills applicable across the managers role. i.e. self-appraisal, problem-solving, communication, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation.
Learning Outcomes covered:
On completion of the module the student should be able to:
• To be able to understand and explain the impact of different perspectives (reductionist or holistic) regarding the interpretation of organisational issues/problems.
• To understand the how to use (apply) a range of holistically based methodologies and techniques
• To be able to evaluate, select and apply (analysis and synthesis) relevant problem solving methodologies to a range of differing ‘management’ problems/issues.
• To be able to identify and argue through the ‘solution’ or changes that emerge from the application of a particular approach to a problem or problems, and to consider its organizational significance for a range of stakeholders.
• To develop students understanding and ability to analyse and synthesise organizational problem and to communicate them persuasively to relevant audiences
Write a report that considers and discusses:
The theoretical approaches to solving strategic management problems and the degree to which these methods are used within your organisation. This suggests that you should analyse what happens in practice in your company and compare it with the theoretical approaches that you examined during the lecture series.
You should illustrate your answer with reference to examples drawn from your own organisational experience or case studies or other recognised sources.
Your report should be 3000-3500 words long. The appropriate use of diagrams, although not essential, can help you to keep to the word limit.