Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Science and Technology Article Research/Writing/Enhancing
Looking for a person with a science-fiction/future orientation to take outlines and starter material for fact-based articles and enhance them with web-based research and public-domain images. As the budget for the position is $120.00/Mo paid weekly ($1,500/Yr), the ideal candidate will be a person with excellent written English skills able to accept this amount for a part-time effort. Your bid price should be $1,500 and is non-negotiable though it should not be construed as anything but a week to week contract based on mutual compatibility and choice. Candidate differentiation and selection will be based on the writing strength of the submission as well as any examples/links to work received via that and PMB.
ABOUT THE POSITION(S)
- The position may be based anywhere in the world, literally, so long as your written English is flawless.
- Articles are generally “tutorial-style” with a structure of a) introduction, b) current status, and c) future application/possibilities/speculation.
- Outlines and starter material will be supplied to ensure articles fit in with site objectives and scope.
- An interest in the topic(s) is helpful and an exchange of ideas encouraged for creativity and mutually fresh perspectives.
- The search for public-domain images will be required for each article. Royalty-free purchases will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Content editing support will be generously forthcoming with a two-way dialog preferred.
- Chat and email are acceptable forms of communication.
- HTML conversion will be provided as necessary. No coding required.
- Copyright for material will belong to site owner.
- Part-time position budgeted annually at $1,500 US, paid in weekly installments as a contractor.
- The contract is approved for renewal week-to-week based on mutual compatibility and may be terminated by either party.
- You think the future is fascinating and full of positive possibilities.
- You can take an idea and run with it, collaborating to see all angles and potential.
- You can accept direction and constructive criticism, and live with my editorial pen. You're not an egomaniac.
- You have excellent written English skills and need NO grammatical support WHATSOEVER.
- You have an eye for what constitutes great illustration and believe that a picture is worth a 1,000 words.
- You do not mind spending time on finding just the right image.
- You understand what constitutes good page layout and your image/text positioning preferences can be demonstrated in MS Word or other means.
- You are ok with credit for articles, if desired, being in the form of a Contributing Author’s page rather than bylines.
ABOUT THE SITE
- The site’s mission is to research and educate visitors on science and technologies that can be used for human advancement.
- The site is a personally-funded not-for-profit. 503(c) non-profit status is on the horizon.
- The site was established in 2003.
- The site went number 1 in Google for several future-related search terms with more than 1.2 million unique visits per year.
- The site is now at a new URL and rebuilding quickly.
Ping me on PMB describing your situation and interest in this on-going project.