You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Conduct a research into a named organization that offers a range of services or products (or a single service or product). Using this information and combining it with academic input to underpin your statements, present a report to discuss:
a. Which of the five approaches to quality (i.e. the transcendent, user-based, product-based, manufacturing-based or value-based) do you consider to be the most appropriate in describing this organization? [You should explain your conclusions by linking to the supporting theory on these approaches together with information from the field research that you have gathered].
b. Identify the quality of the products or services of this organization by looking at how well they perform across each quality characteristic (namely functionality, appearance, reliability, durability, recovery and contact). Through primary data collection and analysis, identify which of these characteristics are the most appropriate in this situation.
c. What aspects of the Total Quality Management (TQM) philosophy could this organization apply to improve the quality of the products or services?
TOPIC CHOSEN: TESCO CUSTOMER SERVICE
• To demonstrate application and understanding of the various approaches to quality (Slack et al, 2004; James et al, 2009)
• To show understanding and application of the various characteristics of quality that an organization might use for differing products and services (Slack et al, 2004; James et al, 2009)
• To display application of academic philosophies (such as TQM) to a 'real world' organization's operational activity.
• To show evidence of academic and field research in investigating the operational activity of an organization
To show an ability to write an academic assignment with the appropriate presentation skills and referencing skills required
* James, P.C., Rowland-Jones, R. and O’Brien, L. (eds.) (2009). Operations and Business Systems Management. Harlow: Pearson.
* Slack, N., Chambers, S., and Johnston, R., (2004). Operations Management. 4th ed. London: Pitman Publishing
• REFERENCE STYLE: HARVARD
You should submit a formal word-processed report including:
• Executive summary
• Body with clear section headings