You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Context of Proposed Project:
Supply chain management is a managerial phenomenon that has received prominence in practice and academic research. Essentially supply chain management is the integrated management of the upstream operations (involving chains of suppliers), in-house operations and downstream operations (including chains of customers) with the objectives to leverage supply chain partners skills, improve the flow of goods and services, reduce costs throughout the system, and improve the firms competitive advantage. The manifestation of the significance of supply chain management is exemplified by successful implementation of supply chain management programmes by a number of focal firms.
The main objective of supply chain management is to enhance the operational efficiency, profitability and competitive position of a firm and its supply chain partners.
1. Study the relevant literature on supply chain management
2. Select an area(s) of the supply chain i.e. Inventory control, procurement, demand planning etc. where technology can be applied to improve efficiency or effectiveness or reduce costs.
2. Investigate and compare the technologies available for developing a system to assist with this process.
3. Examine case material on the role information technology can play in ensuring and enhancing an effective and efficient cost reduction strategy.
4. Examine how information technology can impact on this process of cost reduction.
A project report