You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
MSC MANAGEMENT – Leadership and Change Management
(theory application using Case Study)
• All work must be word-processed and of English (UK) language setting
• Font sizes should be consistent, i.e. body text size 12, headers and titles size 14
• Preferred typeface to be of a common standard such as Arial or Times New Roman for the main text.
• The Harvard style of referencing must be used at all times.
A maximum of 1500 words is required.
Discuss critically the way a change in an organisation has been or is being managed/lead. You will need to identify a suitable organisation. Consider, with supporting arguments, whether an alternative approach might have been more effective.
The purpose of this formative assessment is to test your ability to apply theory to the practice of change management. It will not be sufficient to just write a descriptive report, no matter how good an account you provide, or to just present a critical review of theory. You will have to draw on theory to critique how the change was (or is being) managed. It is important, therefore, that you draw on and refer to appropriate theory for your critique and any proposal for an alternative approach.
4. Marking Guide – this provides you with guidance on how your formative assessments will be marked. Your tutor will provide you will also provide individual feedback.
• Knowledge and understanding of key change management theories including the different types of change management models. 45%
• A critical discussion of the key theories of change management and discussion as to whether an alternative approach might be more effective.
• Presentation and structure of report, including correct spelling and application of the Harvard Referencing System where appropriate.