Roofing Calculator: http://www.roofingcalculator.org/app.php
iPhone/iPad specific: App must work on iOS 3.2+
Android specific: App must work on Android 2.1+, and have two modes - phone and tablet (tablet mode - screens must scale proportionally - not be stretched versions of phone screens)
Both apps must be fully compatible with current version in App Store / Play Store. Old settings must migrate into updated app.
1. Multiple Roof Sections (tabs at the top of the screen)
2. New REPORTS tab: Roof results Report Save / Export. Includes list of saved results, with option to change and export/email.
3. Additional Items added to main screen.
4. 4 quick tabs added to the bottom: Roof Calculator (main screen), Roof Prices (results screen), Settings (new), Reports (new)
5. New SETTINGS tab: â€œGeneral Settingsâ€ and â€œMaterial Profilesâ€ moved to â€œSettingsâ€ Tab.
6. Several UI / usability changes.
7. Use GPS to get location of roof being calculated (can be turned off in settings).
8. Minor changes to Roof Prices screen (additional results will be displayed).
9. App must be fully compatible with previous version â€“ when user updates the app, all previous settings (General Settings, and Roofing Material Profiles must migrate to new versions).
10. Fix existing bug (when enter fraction number in roof size boxes, app force-closes).
11. Splash screen on first app launch with button to go to Market and rate the app.
1. Multiple Roof Sections:
A. At the top of the screen, there are â€œtabsâ€ like in a browser. Each tab represents 1 roof section.
B. Tabs can be added or deleted. Only first tab cannot be deleted.
C. On the right side of tabs bar, there will be a â€œ+â€ button to add new section.
D. Limit sections to 10.
E. User can slide tabs, to access them, if they fill up the tabs bar.
F. If user deletes a tab, app should prompt: â€œDo you want to delete section (section number)?â€
G. When new tabs are added, all fields are left blank.
Multiple roof sections calculation:
Calculate each â€œsectionâ€ as a separate roof, and add up all results in the â€œRoof Pricesâ€ screen.
2. Roof results Report Save / Export.
Report Saving / Editing.
A. Every time roof is calculated, all data should be saved in a new report (can be disabled in Settings).
B. Data saved includes: All results, Roof Details (information entered on main screen), Date + Time of calculation (this will be used in naming of reports)
C. Report naming format â€“ YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM. Example: â€œ2012-05-23-19-54â€
D. If GPS function is enabled in Settings, also record Street Address (Street number and name, City, State, Zip code).
E. Option to manually save report, when roof prices are displayed.
F. Even if report â€œname / titleâ€ is changed by user, it should be displayed in Reports Screen in order it was created.
G. User can change / add information to each report. This includes: Report Title / Name, Customer Name, Address (number and street name), City, State, Zip Code, Phone, Email, Notes / Comments, and Full Content of Results Screen.
H. App will store ALL information for the report in internal database.
I. Each report can be Saved, Deleted, or Emailed.
J. In the â€œheaderâ€ of Report screen â€“ display â€œReport: YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MMâ€
K. If GPS function is enabled, populate Address, City, State, Zip.
L. If GPS function is not enabled, leave all fields blank.
M. App will create a PDF and TXT file saved to a folder on Phone Memory or SD Card, each time the report is emailed.
MORE INFO in additional information below: