You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I gave this project to some idiot for 155$ and he did half of the project for 75$ and got paid then disappeared. 3 hours left for me to submit this project. But I can't test it properly. I'm willing to give the remaining 80$ to the someone that can make this vm.c file runnable. Most of the work is done i think, 5 algorithms are required but 3-4 will be enough for me to get a decent grade.
These are the additional updates of inctructor yesterday:
1) If there are many frames free when a page
faults occurs, please select the frame that has the lowest ID. For example, if frames 5, 3, and 9 are empty, put the new
page into frame 3.
2) In RBIT algorithm, if there are many pages
as candidates for being victim, select
the one that has the lowest ID. For example, if both page 7 and 10 are R=0,
then select page 7 as victim.
3) Assume m can be at most 1000. Assume second input file can contain at most
10^6 addresses. Assume first input file can contain at most
100 VM regions.
4) Page number is first 20 bits of a virtual address. For a page, to find where it is, you walk on the page table: first access top level table and use first 10 bits as an index to it, then access the second level table and use the next bits as index to it to find the entry containing if page is valid (in memory) or not (page fault). If valid, you use the frame number in the entry.
5) A frame number needs to be expressed as 20 bits as well. For example, a frame number 5 is 00000000000000000101. To find the physical address, you need to concatenate the offset to this.
6) Note that initially page table will be empty. While memory references are made, you will fill it. Hence initial references cause page faults. When a page is loaded and its page table entry is set to valid, all memory references falling into this page will not cause a page fault. This will be the case until page is removed from memory (as a result of page replacement).