You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I am using a Beaglebone; a small Linux computer, similar to the popular Raspberry Pi. It has Angstrom distro installed as default.
There are a few main components to this;
* Local GUI on the BeagleBone (through an LCD cape or other output display). This must use the Twitter Bootstrap framework. Using node-webkit or App.js to 'natively' display the Twitter Bootstrap HTML GUI is the preferred solution.
* Remote GUI. Express.js to serve up the same GUI to remote users. There must be a method to authenticate incoming connections.
* Database to store sensor data, session information, user accounts etc. MongoDB seems most appropriate using a node.js interface.
* Program loop. I'll code all the sensor collection and control in the sample control loop framework you create.
* Use Twitter Bootstrap.
* Load the GUI on BeagleBone startup.
* The user interface will need to be able to trend values. Any node.js compatiable interface, and examples on how to pull data from the database dynamically and update in realtime on the GUI.
* A small 'system bar' is to be created at the top of the display to show system date/time, and Wi-Fi connection/strength.
* The rest of the GUI can be left relatively stock except where required to show examples.
* Access from a _remote_ browser must have a password entered to load the page.
* Create the program loop structure that I will code my sensor data collection, and how to write in to the database. Use a random number to show as an example.
* Manage remote connections with proper seesion management/cookies etc.
* Show example user settings screen, and how to store into the database. Include user account creation.
* Configure time and date settings of the BeagleBone.
* Configure Wi-Fi settings, and scan for APs.
* Power saving - dim screen when no input is detected.
The BB also needs to load to the GUI as quick as possible. A splash screen graphic should be displayed during startup. This may require tweaking to the distribution.
If you believe you can perform all of this in a simple/clean manner, then this may be the project for you! I just need a simple program that can demonstrate each of my requirements. The code must be very well documented and modular so I can expand on it - adding devices, screens, etc.