You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I am looking a programmer skilled in Ruby on Rails.
// Project Summary
I want you to write a simple code checking data in a given database.
// Coding Environment
- Ruby 4.0.1
- Rails 1.9.3
- Code should be dry from specific DB using rails
// Project Description
I have a program that scrapes data from multiple sources and saves into the below table (The column names are fictional).
"source" is an URL which I scrape data from. Here I want you to write a code that
1. Extract the date from the "datetime" column. ("datetime" can include data that have hours and minutes so disregard that)
2. For each "date", check if the "datetime" and "other_table_id" are the same value for every "title" per "source".
3. If there is a discrepancy in the data flag the records as true.
4. Notify the admin via email specifying the data with discrepancies. (Use ActionMailer)
Essentially I want to check if the data I am getting is the same for every source per every "title". Note that the "title" and "source" are given. I want to check if the datetime and the "other_table_id" match.
I want this process to be executed from a class method giving the date as a parameter.
// Time constraints
Time wise I am fairly flexible. Include your proposed due date to your proposal.
// What I hope to see
Since this is a fairly simple project I would be sensitive to the proposed price.
// Completion processing
I will check if the code is working properly after I get the source code.
// Other things
I will provide you with the migration file for the table. But you will have to generate your rails app and test it locally.