New Residential Investment Corp. (NYSE: NRZ) is a real estate investment trust that focuses on opportunistically investing in, and actively managing, investments related to residential real estate. We are externally managed and advised by an affiliate of Fortress Investment Group LLC and benefit from the resources of a highly diversified global alternative investment manager with $55.6 billion of assets under management as of March 31, 2013.
We have an opening for 1 talented Python Developer to join our team on a 6-9 month contract with the possibility of an extending a permanent position.
The Python Developer:
· Designs, builds and maintains systems responsible for asset management and valuations processes
· Participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle
· Meets with business users to design, implement and test software applications across various technologies
· Provides 3rd tier support of existing applications as well as identifies, implements and recommends bug fixes and features.
· Learns and understands the business reasons driving development efforts and is able to communicate these clearly.
The ideal candidate will have/will be:
· 2+ years of Python development
· An undergraduate degree at minimum with a preference for majors in Computer Science or Math
· Passionate about programming and technology with in-depth knowledge of Python
· Experience with RDBMS and ability to write efficient queries
· Knowledge of OOP and scalable design patterns
· Healthy pride in good software development practices, clean code, testing
· Familiarity of Agile development methodology and clean, modular coding style is a must
· Ability to function in both a team and single developer setting
Please apply directly on our website: http://careers.fortress.com/careers/JobDetail/NY-NY-United-States-Python-Developer-Consultant/2908