Need some work done? Post a Project Today
I have a solidworks file which I need modified, then made into two parts. Those parts will need to be modified separately, and then prepared for injection molding. Successful bidder will then also get quotes from 5 injection molders with price and lead time for making 10 units of each part. I expect to have completion of the initial modifications as a first milestone, and then have the specifications for injection molding and the quotes be the rest of the project.
So, for stage 1 of the project, I want 6 modifications to the attached solidworks 2010 file. These modifications are illustrated in the sketch in the other attached file. They are as follows:
1. add a 2 mm deep, 3 mm wide "trench", or "channel", down the center of the part as illustrated in the sketch, which should cut through( modification #2) the ridge to allow for wires to pass along this channel all the way from the round area at the tip of the long cylinder to the hole to the outside(modification #3) The channel can start a few mm(say 3-5) into the rounded area at the end of the long cylinder.
2. cut through the ridge to be sure that wires can pass through without being obstructed.
3. cut a hole in the mid point of the saucer region as shown on the drawing. Although it is marked as 2 mm diameter on the sketch, please make 3 mm diameter.
4. Adjust the height of the ridge on the inside of the long cylindrical part to be 1 mm. I believe it is 1.5 or 2 mm now.
5. Thicken outside walls on the knob as shown in the drawing from 2 mm to 4 mm
6. Copy file and change name so that there is a shell_top and shell_bottom which are separate, and extrude from each a ridge 2 mm high and 2 mm wide which mate to each other. Use your judgment about clearances--if needed one ridge should be under 2 mm so that fit is snug but not press fit. These will be glued together with adhesives in the final model. So, to be clear, one part will be the "top" and have a ridge along either the inside or outside part of the flat surface, and the other will be the "bottom" and have a ridge along the opposite-the inside or the outside, to mate with the bottom.
The deliverables for this part of the job are two SolidWorks 2010 files, one for the top and one for the bottom, and this should be the point for a milestone payment.
Part 2 of the job is doing whatever is needed to get from these files to the data needed to have these parts injection molded from ABS plastic by some third-party injection molder and getting quotes for that job.
Deliverables for part 2 are
1. All needed files which would allow an injection molder to give a quote, with modifications made as needed to accommodate injection molding.
2. Quotes from 5 suppliers for 10, 100 and 1000 units of one each of these parts, out of ABS plastic, with both price and delivery time.